Emojis

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Emojis

Post by Trace »

Apologies for going off topic, but may I resurrect another suggestion of Leeward's from that thread? Emojis are still pretty broken, and having fur-themed ones would be awesome.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Re: Spoiler Boxes

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Trace wrote:Apologies for going off topic, but may I resurrect another suggestion of Leeward's from that thread? Emojis are still pretty broken, and having fur-themed ones would be awesome.
That should be in a different thread, not here. In any case, smilies are not as easy to fiddle with. Valerion would need to look into that.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Furry themed emoji's would be awesome.

Hell, even fixed the alpha on the existing ones would be an improvement.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Trace wrote:Emojis are still pretty broken, and having fur-themed ones would be awesome.
Sev wrote:Furry themed emoji's would be awesome.
Something like the emoticons from Prequel, maybe? (These are only examples.)

Image Image Image

Making custom emoji's might be a fun little project for the artists of Zafur (assuming that it can be incorporated into the forum software, of course).
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Thanks for adding spoiler boxes!
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:That should be in a different thread, not here. In any case, smilies are not as easy to fiddle with. Valerion would need to look into that.
Again, my apologies for going off topic on this thread. I would really like to see new emojis though, if possible. Should I make a new thread to continue discussion of the matter?
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Emojis

Post by Valerion »

This'll be a lot easier once I upgrade the forum to PHPBB 3.2. Given that it's only been released for a week, I don't want to risk a big upgrade like that right now. Biggest concern for me is the possible breakage of some styles and BBCode tags.

https://www.phpbb.com/about/launch/

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2399606
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Thank you for moving the above posts, and for considering changes.
I'll be looking forward to seeing what the upgrade might bring!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Valerion wrote:This'll be a lot easier once I upgrade the forum to PHPBB 3.2. Given that it's only been released for a week, I don't want to risk a big upgrade like that right now.
It's only a risk because you're the one doing it. The last time you tried to upgrade the forum software the site was down for an entire day. I thought you had a sysadmin to do all the complicated technical stuff now anyway?
Contrast wrote:Making custom emoji's might be a fun little project for the artists of Zafur (assuming that it can be incorporated into the forum software, of course).
I would advise any artists whose ears perked up at that statement to not get their hopes up, since doing anything for zafur is about as thankless a job as it gets.

And of course it could be incorporated, they're just little gifs. The real question is whether the admins are willing to make the effort of looking into how.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Yay for new version of the forum software - even though it feels like just the other day that we upgraded to the current version. :P