FA Account

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.

Do you think creating a ZAFur FA account is a good idea?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:39 am

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

FA Account

Post by Valerion »

Last night I was thinking about the upcoming furmeet (pity I can't make it myself), and how people were asking for photos and such to be taken. If such photos are to be taken, it will obviously be posted online, and most likely end up inside a fur's FA or DA account.

Why don't we create a ZAFur FA account, where we can put these kinds of stuff, and also have a list there of all the ZA furs, similar to what Warwick and Electrocat did in their journals?
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Re: FA Account

Post by anoyomouse »

my only question is who would maintain and run the gallery on FA?

could always set up a gallery here on zafur.co.za? tho FA would be far more popular.
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Good question. Maybe we can after an event ask one of the admins to do it? Or possibly the event coordinator? Or I suppose we can appoint someone on a permanent basis.

Any volunteers?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I always thought of FA as more of a place for artists themselves. As Anoyo said we can just put all the pics here, where everyone going is already a member.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

Hmm, interesting idea, never thought of it this way.

Lets see how things go though, I know I've been saying this for a while to a specific few people, but I'd like to eventually wrap home page as the front page, and from here we can branch off into the different areas that we require.

It could get quite interactive, but at the same time, its a mission to create and maintain. I'd honestly love to do it, maybe the extra spare time in the december months would allow for some development.
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Electrocat
Die Tiger van die Baai
Species: African Tiger
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Electrocat »

I think that's an awesome idea, I also wouldn't mind doing my part for ZA Fur by maintaining it - I have a second computer to dedicate to it.

This account should be watched by all the ZA furs, but the ZAfur FA account isn't going to be watching anybody.

The list shouldn't be a problem, and we can use the journal as an alternative method for upcoming fur events and stuff too.

Perhaps some more exposure on FA will help us find more ZA furs, we can also perhaps use an SA flag as an icon, that should help too.

We can post furmeet photos, RL photos of our furs and perhaps even do something like repost every ZA fur's featured pic, with a little bit about the artist with it.

So if everyone agrees, I can start with that so long - I'll need some help with the profile information though, what are we going to say on the userpage and stuff?

================================================================

I think a gallery on ZAfur would be cool as well, like a dedicated thread for the furmeet photos.

We're gonna need lots and lots of awesome photos.
Justice, glory and bitches - in that order.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

A better idea than the forum would be to put the photos on the main page, instead of in the forum. The idea of hosting furs' own pages on the server also seem to be well accepted, so we will likely need to create a structure for that anyway.
Electrocat
Die Tiger van die Baai
Species: African Tiger
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Electrocat »

that sounds great too ^^
Justice, glory and bitches - in that order.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I still think it's better if it's kept on this site, preferably only for account holders. I don't know about everyone else but I'd rather not have random pictures of me floating around on the internet.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~