Style suggestion / help needed

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Style suggestion / help needed

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

These new styles are so much more soothing than the garish mess we had the last 24 hours. I'll test them out a bit more in the afternoon.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

Just for interest, all these styles are derivativies of prosilver, which is the default style.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Is it just my imagination, or are unread posts not working correctly?
I have had it happen to me several times where I have an thread appear as having unread posts when there are in fact none.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Sev wrote:Is it just my imagination, or are unread posts not working correctly?
I have had it happen to me several times where I have an thread appear as having unread posts when there are in fact none.
Works fine for me?
Maybe you had 2 tabs open with unread posts and forgot to refresh?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I think that is what must have happened.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

OK, I've confirmed one thing. Mighty Gorgon, the creator of the Black Pearl style, has stopped all phpBB development and will not modify any of his styles or mods for phpBB 3.1. So we are out of luck getting the original style back.

What would the community say to us taking a style (like AnimeZone?) and get a local artist to do artwork for us on it? I am quite happy to commission Electrocat for this, if she agrees. Should I put up a poll for this?
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Valerion wrote:OK, I've confirmed one thing. Mighty Gorgon, the creator of the Black Pearl style, has stopped all phpBB development and will not modify any of his styles or mods for phpBB 3.1. So we are out of luck getting the original style back.

What would the community say to us taking a style (like AnimeZone?) and get a local artist to do artwork for us on it? I am quite happy to commission Electrocat for this, if she agrees. Should I put up a poll for this?
This may be a good time for us to do the thing Leeward suggested, and do a community crowd fund?

We all pitch in?

I'd be happy to pitch in a few bucks!
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Why not leave it like it currently is, where users can choose from a small selection of themes?

The only real disadvantage I can think of is that this doesn't help with the forum's "branding".
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Sev wrote:Why not leave it like it currently is, where users can choose from a small selection of themes?

The only real disadvantage I can think of is that this doesn't help with the forum's "branding".
I was actually thinking the same thing. Since we can have multiple themes and have really lost what was our theme why not use it as an opportunity. We could now have both a light and a dark theme for whoever prefers. That's fairly common (f-list does that and I think FA used to, or maybe still does). If there's no performance cost then we could leave the extra themes and let people suit their own taste. Inkbunny lets you choose multiple backgrounds and logos and it doesn't hurt the branding. The only other downside is if different themes move items around as it makes support a bit trickier but that's hardly insurmountable and has seldom been an issue anyway.

What I do want though, and this goes for all themes, is to remove the phpBB logo and replace it with our old South African paw print. I think that must return and it should be on all the site themes.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

This is genuinely confusing me, now I have 2 forums that I am active on that looks the same. Oh well, I've been wondering for a while if the forums is going to change.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

You can change the theme in your control panel now.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:What I do want though, and this goes for all themes, is to remove the phpBB logo and replace it with our old South African paw print. I think that must return and it should be on all the site themes.
I agree wholeheartedly. We have such a great logo. It would be a real shame to lose it.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

I really like Digi Dark Blue 2, just with a modification of the background being much darker, it'll sort out the posts blending in together too much.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Black is now the new forum default style. Other styles are still available for user preferences.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

OK, I have uploaded the old image to the Black style. I'll do the others over the weekend.

Also, my preference is Digi, just for those who were wondering.
WolfyDragon
Species: Wolfylike

Post by WolfyDragon »

What about a tiny logo idea, running on from the old one here's two, lower one needs some pixel cleaning, if you swap themes you should be able to get an idea of how they adapt. :p
Attachments
image.png
image.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 4756 times
image.png
image.png (14.75 KiB) Viewed 4758 times
image.png
image.png (12.64 KiB) Viewed 4758 times
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

We can also have different logos on different styles. I like WolfyDragon's last one.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

WolfyDragon wrote:What about a tiny logo idea, running on from the old one here's two, lower one needs some pixel cleaning, if you swap themes you should be able to get an idea of how they adapt. :p
Again, who the hell are you? No offence, but crawling out of the woodwork after 6 years without explanation really does make me wonder. Is this an admin test account or something?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

"Crawling out of the woodwork."

That phrase is thrown around a lot these days.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf

Post by Valerion »

Leeward wrote:
WolfyDragon wrote:What about a tiny logo idea, running on from the old one here's two, lower one needs some pixel cleaning, if you swap themes you should be able to get an idea of how they adapt. :p
Again, who the hell are you? No offence, but crawling out of the woodwork after 6 years without explanation really does make me wonder. Is this an admin test account or something?
He's a fur that's active on IRC. Been out of SA for a few years. He showed me some images and I asked him to post it here.
WolfyDragon

Post by WolfyDragon »

Leeward wrote:

I've just been low key for some years. Lurking in the shadows, watching you... :P
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

WolfyDragon wrote: I've just been low key for some years. Lurking in the shadows, watching you... :P
Oh! That's what that feeling was. I didn't like that feeling.
WolfyDragon

Post by WolfyDragon »

Cape_F0X wrote:
WolfyDragon wrote: I've just been low key for some years. Lurking in the shadows, watching you... :P
Oh! That's what that feeling was. I didn't like that feeling.

Indeed fox creature of the cape. :> *returns to the shadows to re-commence the lurking.*
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

This one is fine.
WolfyDragon

Post by WolfyDragon »

Was sort of made as the PHP logo was there, i'm quite happy now that the current old one is back anyhow. :>
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

o.0 Is it just me or does anyone else notice the forum icon has a section in the middle where you can't click?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

All along the "The south african furry boards" part for me

My guess is the two are connected somehow :P
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Perhaps there is a header layer over the background that consists of several "strips" of image, partially transparent, and one of them has not been encoded with a link? *Shrugs* It is the same for me.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I can't even see the icon, I still see the phpBB logo. And yes I've cleared my browser cache.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Never mind, it was my mobile browser being stupid.

EDIT: the logo was only changed on the default theme, all the others still show the phpBB logo.