Can we maybe get a topic under IT & Technology

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Can we maybe get a topic under IT & Technology

Post by Randall »

Was speaking with Adagio yesterday...
Seems a few of us are technologically inclined in the electronic ways. (Yup we know Tails' department)

Just a suggestion, could we get a subtopic under IT and Tech for electronics adventures, i.e. playing with the circuity boardy things?
Helios_phi
The depraved

Re: Can we maybe get a topic under IT & Technology

Post by Helios_phi »

Lol. We used to have one. It was rarely used so the topics where just integrated into the relevant subforums.
[REDACTED]
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Surely "hardware" kind of fits the bill?
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Post by Randall »

Yes I was wondering about that, because mainly when we speak of hardware people think automatically about PC hardware, and not all the other stuff that is unrelated to computers. Adagio is into the automation side, I suspect home automation, which is a growth area in this country, albeit very slow.

As for it being a slow forum, with hardly any topics, well that I can understand.

BUT, I guess for now we can put stuff in there, and see how it goes and if it grows, then we will know we need a subtopic.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Hardware is the appropriate place. We used to have too many subforums and they were collapsed. There's perhaps still too many but they are better used now.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~