Ideas for ZAFur website redesign

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Re: Ideas for ZAFur website redesign

Post by Helios_phi »

Thank you so much Valerion.
I think this was an issue for many when uploading 'art' and pictures
[REDACTED]
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Wow, that was quick. Cool. Now how about a favicon? It's a one-liner too if I'm not mistaken.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

As far as I know to do that you have to edit stuff on the server itself, it's not an option in the forum software. I'm not sure if anyone other than Anoyomouse has access to that. I already have a neat version of the forum logo that just needs to be shrank to the correct size.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

Leeward wrote:Wow, that was quick. Cool. Now how about a favicon? It's a one-liner too if I'm not mistaken.
I don't really have server access ... only to the PHPBB admin console. Will poke mousie about this when I get back from Pakistan. Send me a favicon in the meantime, please?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Here. 16x16 and 32x32 depending what size you can use.
Attachments
zafur favicon.png
zafur favicon.png (911 Bytes) Viewed 4737 times
zafur favicon big.png
zafur favicon big.png (2.6 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Valerion wrote:
Contrast wrote:Is there any way we could increase the image upload size limit from 1MB to 2MB? Or even just 1,5MB?
Every time I have to re-size a 1,08MB picture for the forum I die a little bit inside.
I have changed that setting.
Yay! The SMYG and I thank you very much, Valerion! ^_^
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Here. 16x16 and 32x32 depending what size you can use.
Those look great, Rakuen! :)
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Yes, the forum already doesn't get much traffic; adding a live chat might make it even more disheartening. I would rather use IRC or Skype, personally.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm pretty sure the changes need to be made on the server side again, but I think we should start using https encryption for better security.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Auric wrote:
Fluke wrote:ZAFur doesn't even have a favicon yet, the simpliest of changes... I don't think unicode support would ever happen at this rate.
Your pissy attitude aside, unicode support is not something you can implement as an afterthought. Your database needs to be set up with unicode support before PHPBB is even installed. Converting from any of the latin_ character sets to unicode will break more than it'll fix.

Wow that was the rudest response I have ever seen. You're an admin?! LOL grow up please and start acting like someone who is capable of being in-charge and a senior leader. It's very strange that I have to even tell you this tbh. And I do not mean this in an insulting manner at all, I honestly mean this as advice. You can't be in a leadership role and act like a child.

I was clearly stating that it was very hard to do, and wouldn't be done because of this. I'm sorry that I also mentioned that ZAFur is slow to update even more simpler things in the same breath.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Fluke wrote:-snip-
Now that I look back on that, I was a bit rude, sorry. I came across as too harsh conveying this and I fear it will only escalate the tension. I did not intend this, I am sorry for this.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Fluke, Rakuen was only saying that you were sounding whiny in your earlier post. He didn't even make that big a deal out of it. You're the one who looks childish for overreacting like that. Learn to take criticism, man. I know I suck at conveying tone over writing too and often seem aggressive without meaning to, which is why I re-read everthing I write a million times. </offtopic>
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Leeward wrote:Fluke, Rakuen was only saying that you were sounding whiny in your earlier post. /...../ which is why I re-read everthing I write a million times. </offtopic>
Wasn't me...
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Leeward wrote:Fluke, Rakuen was only saying that you were sounding whiny in your earlier post. /...../ which is why I re-read everthing I write a million times. </offtopic>
Wasn't me...
My bad, I meant Auric... I read "admin" and assumed. My point remains the same though.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Fluke wrote:
Auric wrote:
Fluke wrote:ZAFur doesn't even have a favicon yet, the simpliest of changes... I don't think unicode support would ever happen at this rate.
Your pissy attitude aside, unicode support is not something you can implement as an afterthought. Your database needs to be set up with unicode support before PHPBB is even installed. Converting from any of the latin_ character sets to unicode will break more than it'll fix.

Wow that was the rudest response I have ever seen. You're an admin?! LOL grow up please and start acting like someone who is capable of being in-charge and a senior leader. It's very strange that I have to even tell you this tbh. And I do not mean this in an insulting manner at all, I honestly mean this as advice. You can't be in a leadership role and act like a child.

I was clearly stating that it was very hard to do, and wouldn't be done because of this. I'm sorry that I also mentioned that ZAFur is slow to update even more simpler things in the same breath.
Wow, was that really necessary, Fluke? I mean, really, wow. :o

Anyway, thanks for updating the image size, Valerion.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Relax guys, sheesh. His posts are blocked by most of the people on here anyway.
It's pretty much only you newish guys and the mods that see them anyways.
[REDACTED]
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

I have to say, you do this a lot Fluke. You act really abrasively, and then when people respond negatively to that behavior, you have a freak-out and sulk.

@ Helios, I think the only person who needs to relax here, is Fluke. That's a bit of a moot point really. He would probably get banned before he reaches the stage where everyone feels the need to block him.
Hahaha! :lol:
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Fluke wrote: Now that I look back on that, I was a bit rude, sorry. I came across as too harsh conveying this and I fear it will only escalate the tension. I did not intend this, I am sorry for this.
I guess I shouldn't bother apologizing anymore, people just seem to think that I have to be mean no matter what I say. It's ok, block me and pretend I am a horrible person. I won't say my original feelings as to why I wrote the first post, not like it matters.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Also there's a spelling mistake here:
IMG031320.jpg
IMG031320.jpg (3.11 KiB) Viewed 4866 times
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Fluke wrote:Also there's a spelling mistake here:
IMG031320.jpg
Fixed.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Fluke wrote:I guess I shouldn't bother apologizing anymore, people just seem to think that I have to be mean no matter what I say. It's ok, block me and pretend I am a horrible person. I won't say my original feelings as to why I wrote the first post, not like it matters.
We're not saying that you're a horrible person, just that you should try thinking before you write. There are other ways of expressing anger, and sometimes it's better to just let things slide. You made your own image, it's up to you to change it by proving you're not who people ended up thinking you are.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Fluke wrote:
Fluke wrote: Now that I look back on that, I was a bit rude, sorry. I came across as too harsh conveying this and I fear it will only escalate the tension. I did not intend this, I am sorry for this.
I guess I shouldn't bother apologizing anymore, people just seem to think that I have to be mean no matter what I say. It's ok, block me and pretend I am a horrible person. I won't say my original feelings as to why I wrote the first post, not like it matters.
I was pointing out that you do this often, and that you should keep in mind and try to avoid doing it in future. Think of it as constructive criticism. When else was I supposed to say it: five days later when it's all forgotten?

Also, people aren't making a big deal out of this because you *did* apologize. You're not being punished or anything.
That doesn't mean they can't comment on what you did before you apologized.

Also, people aren't pretending you're a horrible person: they're just going on what they know. I'm your friend but that's because I know you in real life. On the forum, people can only judge you by your posts, which are either neutral, or negative. I can't recall seeing positive, friendly posts from you here.

It's not like you try to make friends here though with your Fluke account, so I am not sure why you are upset.
Hahaha! :lol:
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Ryall wrote:
It's not like you try to make friends here though with your Fluke account, so I am not sure why you are upset.
So he's got more than one account?
I thought that was a no no.
[REDACTED]
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Helios_phi wrote:
Ryall wrote:
So he's got more than one account I thought that was a no no.
*taptaps pawingers on the keyboard* Yes, it is a big no-no ...
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

I was actually going to ask that a while ago when there were so many furs that joined one after another. One every Sunday. Almost at the same time of day.
Wouldn't it be possible to auto capture the ip addresses on login to a data sheet and compare them?
[REDACTED]
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Oh, we have that. Every IP address for every post is recorded. So I can check if any post is done from the same IP address as another user and what IP addresses that user has posted from. I don't have too much control over it through the forum software though. I think Auric can do a lot more when it comes to comparing addresses and finding overlaps.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

There might be one ore two false positives in that data, Like for instance if Vox posted from Ryall's computer or jacojerb was with Dasc and used his PC. Those small things would kinda be no brainers thou.
[REDACTED]
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Helios_phi wrote:There might be one ore two false positives in that data, Like for instance if Vox posted from Ryall's computer or jacojerb was with Dasc and used his PC. Those small things would kinda be no brainers thou.
Also the DHCP servers of Mweb/etc. can overlap IP addresses once their lease period is done. So it's not an exact science.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Ahoy hoy there Mods and Admins.
We have sub forums for gaming, ones for I.T. ones for science and technology.
Any chance we could add two?
Maybe one for food and maybe an automotive one?

We have been talking about bikes and cars and food quite a lot over the last few months.
[REDACTED]
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Helios_phi wrote:Ahoy hoy there Mods and Admins.

We have been talking about bikes and cars and food quite a lot over the last few months.
I'm not a fan of making more sub forums. The last ones that were added were mobile/web games and yiffy games and they only have 3 and 1 thread respectively. I think we probably have too many sub forums for the amount of activity we get and I'd rather merge things together. So, you might be having a few posts in threads on the topic but are there are really that many active topics on the subjects that they require whole new areas?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:
Helios_phi wrote:Ahoy hoy there Mods and Admins.

I'm not a fan of making more sub forums. The last ones that were added were mobile/web games and yiffy games and they only have 3 and 1 thread respectively. I think we probably have too many sub forums for the amount of activity we get and I'd rather merge things together. So, you might be having a few posts in threads on the topic but are there are really that many active topics on the subjects that they require whole new areas?
How about making one that is just "Off Topic"
And then in there, people can create threads related to things that aren't big-enough to get their own sub-forum?