Automated statistics

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Automated statistics

Post by Valerion »

When the site gets a series of pages other than just the forum (maybe pics and videos from furmeets and such? News?) it would be nice to put an automated statistics page in as well. Looking at the stuff I did, everything except the species list seems trivial to just query from the database and count.

Granted, species will not be only non-trivial but actually hard, as virtually everyfur described the same thing differently, from added emoticons to full Genus/Species classifications.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Automated statistics

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Not a bad idea. I can't do it though. I'm not a programmer. But it would be a nice thing for comparing with any other furry statistics.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

I like the idea...but likewise...I have no idea how to do that. Mousey...?!
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

Well, it should be trivial ... if you actually look how PHPBB is structured, well then it gets more tricky

i haven't had enough time to myself to investigate any side projects, which is why there's a couple nice ideas for the forum, like google earth integration, and Skype integration which have gone untouched since i found the Mods.

If you're willing to pick up the code for PhpBB 3, and make a mod, or show which files to mod to gather stats, i'll put them up, i'd even help, but i don;t have the time to sit and sift through the code to try and figure out where things are and how they get called.

I'm sure there's other programmers that can help? >.>
~~~(___^> *squeak*