Classified ads?

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Classified ads?

Post by Valerion »

I was looking around for a section to post my D&D campaign ad in, and couldn't find anything that looked appropriate. How would you guys feel about a "Ads" or similar section, where furs can post such topics?
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Re: Classified ads?

Post by Dracius »

Oohh, that sounds like an awesome idea. Good thinking Valerion :)

I shall attempt to create the area by the end of today so that admins have a chance to see this message and/or unless another admin does the job for me. :) I'll just call it the 'Junkpile', where wanted, sales or trades can take place. Of course, the site has nothing to do with it :P hehe. 'The world out there' area seems appropriate.
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I don't think we need to make a new forum evry time someone comes up with a unique topic. If there becomes a demand then we can do it but at the moment only one person wants to post an ad.

On the D&D campaign I also read your post I think it does have a spot it fits, two spots actually. You're looking for people to play a game online, so I think it can fit in the "PC gaming" forum. Also there is a forum titled "games and silliness" which is specifically for non-pc games, since D&D is usually not played online (as far as I know). I'm going to move it there for that reason.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Honestly, I dont think its only Valerion that would use it. I know I'd definitely use it, as most furs here already trust me so I'm sure they wouldnt mind buying something from, if its a good deal and all.

Never know... maybe someone pitches up with draconic statues >..>

Mmm, I'm not sure that those spots are decent enough Raki. Since we dont have a table-top board games section, and a number of furs are interested in that, I myself having the Mechwarrior minitures that I still got from Hunter ages ago ^..^

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It's a general games section. If it's not good enough for games then what is? You could combine the pc and console games sections to just games. That is an IT and gaming forum. Dividing between pc and console isn't a great division because there are a bunch of different consoles.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:It's a general games section. If it's not good enough for games then what is? You could combine the pc and console games sections to just games. That is an IT and gaming forum. Dividing between pc and console isn't a great division because there are a bunch of different consoles.
Well, I guess it could in there too, a table-top board games section. I think the PC and console divide is decent enough, despite the amount of consoles, PC's dont exactly come in 1 shape neither. Its just representing 2 gaming elements that basically accepted in this way all over the world. PC's are always compared to consoles in general.

But, I still think a classifieds section would be good :)

Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Yeah, it didn't fit well in PC Gaming, as the only reason computers are used is to establish a chatroom. But I agree that the Games and Sillyness section is likely the best one, so I will post in there. Thanks, all :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I've already moved it to that forum
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Species: Black wolf

Post by Keita Haruka »

Well, tabletop RP's are not at all the same as console or PC games, and doesn't really fit into G&S because that's more of a forum-based thing. I like tabletop RP's myself (although I've never played D&D. I'm more into Shadowrun myself...Lets see if there's support here for tabletop RP's before dedicating a forum to it.

As for the junkpile thing...it gets my vote. :mrgreen: I bet we all have stuff we'd like to sell/trade or ask if somebody has. I've seen this on many forums and it usually gets a bit of traffic. ;)
Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

certainly gets my vote! i've been looking forward to a board on classifieds/ads here, and i'm certain many others will agree. give it a try, i'm certain it'll be used well-enough to be worthwhile. thanx for the suggestion valerion - do feel perhaps the D&D campaign is more suited to the gaming boards as rakuen suggests, but there are certainly many things people would like to post in a classifieds/ads section.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Keita Haruka wrote:Well, tabletop RP's are not at all the same as console or PC games, and doesn't really fit into G&S because that's more of a forum-based thing. I like tabletop RP's myself (although I've never played D&D. I'm more into Shadowrun myself...Lets see if there's support here for tabletop RP's before dedicating a forum to it.
Um.. there's not really anything suggesting G&S is only forum-based and there's no reason it has to be. If you use it for any games then it'll keep the forum a little more simplified. Anyway considering it's not actually being played on the tabletop it's not really a table top rp anymore. It's like a normal chat rp with some added stuff.

I suppose if everyone wants some sort of ads place then it might as well get made. Could be a way to make some money if I can figure out something I can make. You should also combine it as an art/story commision/request forum.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

*nods to everyone* alright, i'll attempt to make a classfieds area in the discussion session. I'm sure commissions wouldnt need its own section, as the area would cover anything that needs to be sold/advertisied. So a decent topic name would help. I've also got a list of rules that I made, for my a previous website of mine, that I'll add to the area as posting guidelines.

*tailwaves*