Rules discussion

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Rules discussion

Post by Leeward »

Seriously? I couldn't care less about getting the last word, but when I'm deliberately and maliciously slandered and then denied the opportunity to defend myself, that's when I start to see red.

And now you have the audacity to mock me for it? Congratulations, you've officially hit rock bottom.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

I've a question. If this is the nth time it has been asked, where n is greater than 2, I apologize. ;)

However - is there a procedure in place to appeal against a significant action taken by a staff member, such as a ban, post deletion or thread lock? If so, what ensures this is fair without being capable of abuse (from members)?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

To appeal, either PM the admin who did it and make an argument, for example, Ryall convinced me to reverse a temp ban on Fluke, or contact a different admin. So if you are unhappy with me, then tell Val and vice versa. You'd probably need to be a bit more convincing to get one to reverse an action the other did but it'd be the way to go if you don't think the admin who did it would listen. If you want to appeal actions taken by a moderator then you should contact me first.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Thank you for the response. What about in the case of a permanent ban; is the banned still able to use the PM function? Or is e-mail the route then used?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

In that case a person would have to use email. There is a contact button at the bottom of the forum.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~