A Place for other?

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
DrakeyOconnell
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Other

A Place for other?

Post by DrakeyOconnell »

I was searching and was wondering if maybe a thread can be made for the people who live out of ZA. Just name it "Others" or something. The location on the forum I am talking about is the thread for provinces. Just as a idea.
In a land of desire your heart filled with fire
You live for the right to be free
We will sail on, forever on to the land of the evening star

Mate to the wonderful, cute, and lovable Acey
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Re: A Place for other?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Personally I don't see a need. There aren't that many furs from overseas here and I doubt you'd use this site to organise overseas events. So I'd say just post the things in the general discussion board. That said Keita will probably do it.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Red »

I don't see much of a need for a new sub-forum to be created for this since only a handful of members of this board are from other countries (including me), it would serve no use to us since all the international members are from different regions of the world as the poster above mentioned.

Cheers, Red.
This signature is blank.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Post by anoyomouse »

Drakey, if you can tell us why you'd like this subforum, then i'm open to the idea, but i'd like to know why
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Black wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Keita Haruka »

I agree with Anoyo on this. If there's a good reason for having such a forum, then I'm not against the idea. :mrgreen:
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

I dont really see such a need. If it should really be that personal, there is always IM's or the PM feature on the site (and you can message multiple users at once.)

I agree with most here, not exactly sure why we'd need a 'national thread'..
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

SheWolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Timber Wolf

Post by SheWolf »

I dunno, I kinda would be up for it. Why? Well, I know this is supposed to be a SA board, but consider this: You could have it labeled 'Over and Abroad', kind of like an international area where we can discuss things that aren't particularly SA oriented. I know we don't have many members from overseas, but who's to say that ZA Furries isn't going to grow and reach out to other areas of the world? It would still be a SA board, but it would have it's own small area for anyone who doesn't live in the SA area with something to share.It isn't going to take up much space and who knows... seeing things from other areas might make it more diverse and bring the community closer together.
I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, and you can't prove a thing!!!
Red
Down Under Fozzy
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Red »

SheWolf wrote:I dunno, I kinda would be up for it. Why? Well, I know this is supposed to be a SA board, but consider this: You could have it labeled 'Over and Abroad', kind of like an international area where we can discuss things that aren't particularly SA oriented. I know we don't have many members from overseas, but who's to say that ZA Furries isn't going to grow and reach out to other areas of the world? It would still be a SA board, but it would have it's own small area for anyone who doesn't live in the SA area with something to share.It isn't going to take up much space and who knows... seeing things from other areas might make it more diverse and bring the community closer together.
But there is an issue that it would become a forum ghost town due to not many uses for it and the members knowing that they might not get many responses from other members if they post in that particular sub-forum and avoid using it anyway.

Cheers, Red. :D
This signature is blank.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

SheWolf wrote:I dunno, I kinda would be up for it. Why? Well, I know this is supposed to be a SA board, but consider this: You could have it labeled 'Over and Abroad', kind of like an international area where we can discuss things that aren't particularly SA oriented. I know we don't have many members from overseas, but who's to say that ZA Furries isn't going to grow and reach out to other areas of the world? It would still be a SA board, but it would have it's own small area for anyone who doesn't live in the SA area with something to share.It isn't going to take up much space and who knows... seeing things from other areas might make it more diverse and bring the community closer together.
The thing is that unless there are suddenly a bunch of foreign furs from a particular place the discussion will be fairly general, not a local thing, so it will fit fine in the discussion section. And if it's something furry related it will go in the furry section. The reigonal is really only used for finding furs from the same area as you are and organising meets with those furs.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~