Future of the Site

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Future of the Site

Post by Galahad »

Right, lads. We need to have a heart-to-heart. Just you... And me. And the 60 guests that are apparently browsing the site.

It's by no means about anything new, and is something I have been annoyingly harping on for ages - and so have several others. So, once more into the breach, dear friends:

What are the plans for this site? What is its future? Administrators and moderators - Ivic, Trace and Adagio. What is the game plan? Is there one? Or is this site being put out to pasture and essentially becoming a museum?

In the past, I have been a proponent of modernizing the forum. And if there is interest, I would be happy to post some suggestions as to how we might possibly do that. I understand there is a certain nostalgic charm to how things are, but if we want there to be any sort of vital pulse to this site in one or two years, I think we need to put some effort into maintaining and upgrading it.

But I am not the one with a vision or service to this site, even though I would like to see it thrive. So, if we are going the interactive museum route, and letting the lawn go on this place so that every year a small handful of nostalgic souls can wander its overgrown halls and reminisce over better times, that is fine as well. But I think those of us still active here would appreciate some elaboration.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Re: Future of the Site

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I wish I had an answer for you. On a personal level I'd like to be able to do more with the site overall but I guess I lack a lot in the line of direction in my own rights as well as for the site itself. Presently and for the past couple months personal issues have very much taken priority and I've been unable to truly give the site all the attention it deserves. I also want to see more from it but my current position both health-wise as well as being at an impasse on a personal level have made it difficult to focus on anything beyond hoping to continue keeping my job. I'm open to suggestion here. I dearly don't want the forum to become derelict but I'm at a loss.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

While I love this forum and appreciate it and the place it had in my joining the fandom dearly, I cannot say that I am a very active participant here anymore.
I try to remember to stop by on occasion, but I will admit it has not been my priority for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I have had other things I have needed to focus on, and even then I don't always feel I give them the attention they deserve.
While I would love to see a revitalization of the forum, I know that I do not have the time or motivation to try to head it, and I am sorry for that. I hope that you can all understand.
I also just don't know how much interest there really is anymore.
Unfortunately, especially after losing some of our most active members, this forum has felt rather empty for quite some time.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
coco
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: South Africa

Post by coco »

Hello
I know I am new here and have no right to making suggestions yet.
Other social media platforms are taking away a lot of activity from forums.
I once was part of a forum where the most of the forum was a storyboard and each participant would write a few words.
something like......

kitchen,
Wolf: "I am hungry?"

Courtyard,
blue bagul: "Where are the horse keepers? My horse needs water and oats!"
Grey bot: "Yes my lord, it will be seen to"

kitchen,
granny : "Come in wolf, some eggs and a yard of ale for you"

each area would be a topic, each event was planned as any other RL event would be. Often travelling to other regions, new topics, could spawn off a whole new storyline.

having this fantasy world, running would already be based on furmeets and even start as an introduction to a furmeet. When returning from furmeets the attendees of furmeets could become interested in the forum storyboard.

most other discussions would become sideline to the story, but activity could be increased and kept alive.

just a something to think along.

in a fantasia kingdom you would have halls, kitchens rooms, dungeons, courtyards, forests and even the see

well....maybe....

coco
coco

Post by coco »

ok.....
I see you do have a roleplay setup somewhere......2016
oi....what happened to that setup?
we'll need another angle or some restart event somehow
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

coco wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:15 pm ok.....
I see you do have a roleplay setup somewhere......2016
oi....what happened to that setup?
we'll need another angle or some restart event somehow
If you have a good idea for a setup, go for it!!
coco

Post by coco »

Not sure how to set it up, or how to build a story line.
Will work on it while I explore the forum.