Petition

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Re: Petition

Post by Animew »

Splicer-Fox wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 am they pay for it so they can do whatever they want
obviously. UwU/ the owner of the website gets to make it a private club house for his or her friends to rule over the random mooks that join up. however as a random mook joining up, you have a right to get upset when one of the oligarchy treats you unfairly and bitching about it is also well within your rights. you can ask the oligarchy's members to stop treating you unfairly or to eject the person treating you unfairly as has been done here.
i trust you follow and agree so far? i mean reacting to stuff is only fair being alive and all right.

whether or not the oligarchy actually listens to you however is up to them. why would they listen you ask? because not having any mooks to rule over would be awfully boring and kinda make the place pointless right? so you see splice, us as the mooks DO in fact have value to the website and hence our voices should be heard and considered regardless of who owns the website.
Kievvu wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 pm Urgh. Why does almost everything on here have to turn into a drama fest? this is madness!
madness? this! is! fandoooom!
what do you expect throwing together a gaggle of queens emos and trolls?
Sudan Red wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:28 am BADUM TSSSSS!
NYAHAHAHAHAHA! that was kinda sexy.
Galahad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm he agreed to discuss it with the rest of the staff.
Owo which is like, two people... that's IF ivic even gets a vote. in total there are 6 people on staff here 2 admins 1 mod and 3 reps. i'm not clear on the rolls and abilities of said user levels so perhaps you can clarify? as a rep you verify accounts and give folks a welcome message? you can edit posts it seems and possibly move them? as a global mod i reckon you can lock stuff and edit posts? and obviously admins can admin? so then why do we have 2 admins and 1 global mod? shouldn't we have more global mods? wouldn't Rakuen be better suited to be a global mod then since he does what global mods are suppose to do anyway? please note i'm asking, not saying.
i just don't get why Rakuen has to be an admin per say since global mod seems more appropriate, especially in light of the general attitude towards him held by many members... Owo i mean seriously you guys know he can read your PMs right? does rakuen actually NEED full access to the mechanical workings of this website when he doesn't really deal with that aspect of it?
again folks... i'm just asking... i'm sure people have reasons and i'm equally sure it would help a LOT to defuse tensions if we all knew those reasons too.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Animew wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 am
they pay for it so they can do whatever they want
obviously. UwU/ the owner of the website gets to make it a private club house for his or her friends to rule over the random mooks that join up. however as a random mook joining up, you have a right to get upset when one of the oligarchy treats you unfairly and bitching about it is also well within your rights. you can ask the oligarchy's members to stop treating you unfairly or to eject the person treating you unfairly as has been done here.
i trust you follow and agree so far? i mean reacting to stuff is only fair being alive and all right.

whether or not the oligarchy actually listens to you however is up to them. why would they listen you ask? because not having any mooks to rule over would be awfully boring and kinda make the place pointless right? so you see splice, us as the mooks DO in fact have value to the website and hence our voices should be heard and considered regardless of who owns the website.
Its just one suggestion to get this cringe fest done and over with.

Really my nr 1 suggestion is the Thunder Dome .
TWO FURRIES ENTER! ONE FURRY LEAVES!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I'm not sure which is more embarrassing: those taking this waaaay too seriously, or those who can't seem to take anything seriously. Has moderation really become that alien of a concept these days? (Pun totally intended.)
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

I have been on this forum for nearly 9 years, and during that time, Rakuen has been an exceptional and dedicated moderator.

He has has been browsing the forums nearly every day, and has read nearly every post for all these years; he remains calm even in the face of a lot of adversity; he dutifully moves, merges, locks, stickies, and cuts threads, either when requested or when it is needed; and he shoes just the right amount of leniency on this forum, so that furs can have their fun, but things never truly get out of hand. I think in all these years he has only ever issued about 5 bans, all of which were well deserved.

It is also worth mentioning that he has never had an emotional breakdown or blow-out with the fandom - something few furs can boast. He also starts a lot of interesting topics on the forum's various boards.

I also find it contentious how he is being made out to be such an unlikable character. I don't see it: he argues the point, not the person, and rarely has strong words to say about anyone. It's a thankless job.

As for what he has done specifically with the administrator as opposed to the moderator role, perhaps he and Valerion can shed some light on that.

As it stands, I disagree that Rakuen should step down. I think a more constructive petition would be to have an additional administrator appointed, and that part of the suggestion be that he or she is allowed to make certain changes to the website. Any nominations for new administrators?

I don't believe that Rakuen is the root of ZAFur's problems. The issue relates more to number of users and user activity within our fandom, and there is only so much that nice features can do to affect that, as other websites have no doubt discovered.
Hahaha! :lol:
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I have been on this forum for nearly 9 years, and during that time, Rakuen has been an exceptional and dedicated moderator.
I don't know how many good deeds Rakuen did.
But he never bothered me.

I guess the problem is you cant really be a member and an admin/mod/whatever at the same time?
Can we hire a non-furry Indian guy to moderate for us or something?
Whose next though?
Shall we tell Ryall to fuck off too?
Also Fuck off Ryall!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Splicer... I'm confused, I'll be honest. :P
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sorry for chopping up your post but I wanted to group some related statements.
Ryall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:45 pm I have been on this forum for nearly 9 years
True, but you're being a bad bean counter here, you're not taking relative activity into account. Your average post rate is 0.82 posts/day; mine is 4.68 posts/day. The only people who come anywhere close to being that active are Sev at 4.67 (and he's been dead for 4 months), Raven at 3.18 Cape_F0X at 2.98, Galahad at 2.42, and Contrast at 2.06. So no offence Ryall, you're a much loved member of this community, but you're not among the most active, so I don't think you're in the best position to observe whether or not he's doing a good job because you always see his actions after the fact.
He has has been browsing the forums nearly every day, and has read nearly every post for all these years
he dutifully moves, merges, locks, stickies, and cuts threads, either when requested or when it is needed
Any idiot can do those things.
I think in all these years he has only ever issued about 5 bans, all of which were well deserved.
That's not particularly remarkable, it's just fair.
and he shoes just the right amount of leniency on this forum, so that furs can have their fun, but things never truly get out of hand
So in other words, does nothing until things start showing signs of getting out of control. And occasionally throws oil on the fire beforehand.
he remains calm even in the face of a lot of adversity
It is also worth mentioning that he has never had an emotional breakdown or blow-out with the fandom - something few furs can boast.
Yeah I'll give him that one, he's very level-headed.
He also starts a lot of interesting topics on the forum's various boards.
If you exclude reposting his own tedious reviews and opinion pieces from Flayrah, maybe.
I also find it contentious how he is being made out to be such an unlikable character. I don't see it: he argues the point, not the person, and rarely has strong words to say about anyone. It's a thankless job.
Contentious as you say. It's not so much how he debates but more the fact that he turns everything into a debate that grates me.
I don't believe that Rakuen is the root of ZAFur's problems. The issue relates more to number of users and user activity within our fandom, and there is only so much that nice features can do to affect that, as other websites have no doubt discovered.
At least we'd have nice features if he didn't resist change so universally and vehemently.
As for what he has done specifically with the administrator as opposed to the moderator role, perhaps he and Valerion can shed some light on that.

As it stands, I disagree that Rakuen should step down. I think a more constructive petition would be to have an additional administrator appointed, and that part of the suggestion be that he or she is allowed to make certain changes to the website. Any nominations for new administrators?
I'm not entirely opposed to him being a moderator, he does a half-decent job there. It's the fact that he has administrative rights that doesn't make any sense to me.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Are you being serious, Lee?

0.82 posts per day is equivalent to posting once a day for 82% of the time he has been here, which on most attendance records is quite decent. It is equivalent to him logging in and posting one post each day over about 2 550 days he has had an account. If you condense it down to your rate, 4.68, it would be approximately 447 days. More than a year, in which Rakuen was admin. That's a good sample, don't you think? And that does not even count the amount of time he may have logged in, read posts, saw what is going on, maybe even sent a PM, but not have posted anything.

And at least 3 of the 7 items on your petition - having a bad reputation outside of ZAFur, not being a local resident and not having been appointed by anyone of "current significance" - are certainly not functions of average post rate.

Ryall's opinion is just as valid as yours and mine.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

You're right. I'm sorry, Ryall, my response was illogical and out of line. I'll take a breather for perspective.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Hey Lee, you don't need to apologize: I was arguing with you, and you had every right to argue in defense of your opinion back. You weren't doing so in a way that was rude or offensive. Don't worry about it. 🙃 😋

I agree to your suggestion that a more proactive web developer be allowed to join the fray, and I hope the admins will consider that: it's a good suggestion. I just disagree that Rakuen should be a scapegoat for the forum's woes, and that he should be stripped of his position as moderator on ZAFur after years of duty. The admin vs moderator thing is another debate. Perhaps the ZAFur team would like to offer their thoughts on the matter?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

All the concerns raised are being actively discussed, including staff roles, staff conduct, staff structure, and other issues. Any member who has further concerns, or would like personally to have me update them on the results the staff see fit to release, please feel free to contact me. We do listen, and I can give you my personal word the points you raised are carefully considered here and behind the scenes. If you feel you're not being listened to, send me a PM, and I will ensure you are and will raise the point to the staff.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

^w^" Lee, you may be hurting your own point here by making it sound personal. this seems to be the predominant counter argument actually. "this petition is bogus because its just Lee's personal witch hunt against Rakuen."
but lets not lose sight of the actual issue here folks. as far as i can tell this petition contests whether or not Rakuen should be an admin.

Owo personally i think a petition will be ineffectual since the management here will have zero obligation to be bound by the outcome nor would the majority of people want to commit their names to it because should the petition fail to remove Rakuen as admin... Owo well, then you'd have a pissed off admin with a handy dandy list of people to bully off the website.

why not rather have a debate on the subject? i'm sure the management here would be willing to listen to reason and i'm sure everyone would feel better if they understand the staffs reasoning.
Splicer-Fox wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am Really my nr 1 suggestion is the Thunder Dome .
TWO FURRIES ENTER! ONE FURRY LEAVES!
<w< see what i mean. people think this is a fight between two furs.
Galahad wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm here and behind the scenes
why not include the community in the discussion? would help people understand the outcome if they knew how it was reached methinks.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

You're making progress?! I've got money on this topic reaching page 5. Double or nothing someone says something Poké-phobic.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

That is a fair point, Animew. However, the community is indeed included. Community opinion plays a larger role than one might think, even in staff discussions. When CRs are present during such discussions, as they are in most cases, they serve as the mouthpieces of the community. We don't just regurgitate what you tell us; we push it so that it is on the table to be discussed, and that your interests are fairly represented. So, in essence, we act as your messengers and guardians. If you feel we are negligent or not representing you properly, PM any of the other CRs, and they will take the negligent one to task.
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye
Region: Other

Post by Fluke »

I'm back - ye boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Splicer-Fox wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 am Who is paying the bills for the website?
Should they not have the last say?

I believe the stagnation is more caused by more convenient IM platforms.
(This can “perhaps” be helped a little by an app?)

I guess that wrestling visitors away from Zafar and sending them to a new website did not work as planned?
And I think the reason is … “Same shit different day”?
(not that I asked anybody – but I never really saw the benefit of the attempts to split the community up for politics)
If you want to talk about something controversial just go to any other South African furry group.
Perhaps this was also because the marketing campaign was full of cringe and bad feefees.

If people are willing to tolerate Rakuen it’s because the alternative is not appealing?
OR perhaps people don’t give a shit for why a beef was started with him in the first place?

I demand that the petition be set up or the current one be modified to include reasons why Rakuen should stay! Or I am denouncing for not being fair.
And also as a suggestion: should we not set up something similar for the accusers that want to push the “vote of no confidence”. (You know… just for interests sake)
I actually don’t want the furry fandom here to become a political place like this but it’s going to happen anyway, is it?

Whose next though?
Shall we tell Ryall to fuck off too?
Good points, and I'm probably next :arrow:

Leeward wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:22 am it's not like running it is expensive when you're squatting someone else (I presume his father)'s server (just WHOIS the domain if you don't believe me, it's public information).

Ryall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:45 pm I have been on this forum for nearly 9 years, and during that time, Rakuen has been an exceptional and dedicated moderator.

He has has been browsing the forums nearly every day, and has read nearly every post for all these years; he remains calm even in the face of a lot of adversity; he dutifully moves, merges, locks, stickies, and cuts threads, either when requested or when it is needed; and he shoes just the right amount of leniency on this forum, so that furs can have their fun, but things never truly get out of hand. I think in all these years he has only ever issued about 5 bans, all of which were well deserved.

It is also worth mentioning that he has never had an emotional breakdown or blow-out with the fandom - something few furs can boast. He also starts a lot of interesting topics on the forum's various boards.

But clearly once we get rid of the evil tyrant of Rakuen, hundreds of new users will magically discover this site from being suddenly awakened furs within South Africa - and we will get all this amazing new user interactions that has never happened before! The end of the Sith Lord is close!

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm True, but you're being a bad bean counter here, you're not taking relative activity into account. Your average post rate is 0.82 posts/day; mine is 4.68 posts/day. The only people who come anywhere close to being that active are Sev at 4.67 (and he's been dead for 4 months), Raven at 3.18 Cape_F0X at 2.98, Galahad at 2.42, and Contrast at 2.06. So no offence Ryall, you're a much loved member of this community, but you're not among the most active, so I don't think you're in the best position to observe whether or not he's doing a good job because you always see his actions after the fact.
"My post count epeen is bigger than yours so that makes your opinion invalid".

Nice.

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmAny idiot can do those things.
Now Rakuen is Trump, Zuma and an idiot? Sweet. Well done on the promotions friendo!

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmSo in other words, does nothing until things start showing signs of getting out of control. And occasionally throws oil on the fire beforehand.
Nice strawman.

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmIf you exclude reposting his own tedious reviews and opinion pieces from Flayrah, maybe.
"My post count subjective quality based on my own review of my own post quality epeen is bigger than yours so that makes your opinion invalid".

Nice.
Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmContentious as you say. It's not so much how he debates but more the fact that he turns everything into a debate that grates me.
Uh...

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmAt least we'd have nice features if he didn't resist change so universally and vehemently.
THINK OF THE FEATURES!

Leeward wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pmI'm not entirely opposed to him being a moderator, he does a half-decent job there. It's the fact that he has administrative rights that doesn't make any sense to me.
He has administrative rights because he is an admin on this site. Hope that clears this up.

I have read through all these posts, and still I have not seen one single piece of evidence for why this even exists in the first place. I have only seen references to concealed insults or refusal for explanations under some other guise. It's shocking, petty and immature.

If you want to propose a new administrator or reasons you believe Rakuen may wish to step down, try to at least make it objective and give us actual reasoning behind it - not some crappy half-arsed insults.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Fluke wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 am I'm back
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST IN A LEMON PIE!!!!!!!!!!
duuuude! i thought you died! like for real!

\(>ヮ<)/ i'm so god damn happy now! i mean i made you a fursona and everything but then you died! and now yo are alive! YAYZ!

but to get back on topic...
Fluke wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 am I have read through all these posts, and still I have not seen one single piece of evidence for why this even exists in the first place.
hidden among the obnoxious amounts of unnecessarily long quotes, a fair point emerges. however the fact that it exists is itself evidence that someone is unhappy with Rakuen as admin... unless Leeward is just a figment of our collective imagination?
furthermore providing links to every infraction Rakuen made would be a tedious chore because we as human beings don't save links to the specific post when we remember things.

on vague recollection i have personally witnessed Rakuen acting more sternly towards new members than older ones. sometimes giving the impression that he simply enjoys acting out his authority over them, also locking their threads for trivial reasons. i can't see this being in any way welcoming or encouraging for said members. also there is the issue of how he reacts to overly friendly furs. i understand that it can be annoying when some random mook gets all "murry purry i wana be your fwend" but as the perceived leader of a community you simply have to be able to deal with that without trampling someones feelings. i can't presume to know Rakuen's motivations but from personal observations i can conclude this:
Rakuen in a nutshell.jpg
i really hope this somewhat clarifies the issue of why some may want Rakuen to step down as an admin.
that said, Rakuen does indeed do an amazing job at keeping the forum tidy and it would be a monumental loss if he leaves the ZAfur staff.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Leeward, let's end this at midnight on 31 January. After that I will make a post stating my position on some of the issues raised here, as well as the petition itself.
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Zootopia is a kids movie, Nick wouldn't use the F-word! And neither would Judy use the P-phrase.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Cape_F0X wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 am Zootopia is a kids movie, Nick wouldn't use the F-word! And neither would Judy use the P-phrase.
Of course they do, Cape Fox! What do you think happens when the kids aren't watching? They bang. I mean all the children in zootopia come from somewhere, right? So obviously there's some adult themes going on behind the scenes: why not swearing too? 😏
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Swearing are for those with a lack of vocabulary.

The comic also illustrates Pokémons inherent violent nature.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Ryall wrote:I mean all the children in zootopia come from somewhere, right?
They are delivered by the storks. Get rekt, Ryall.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Galahad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:04 amThey are delivered by the storks.
There aren't any birds in Zootopia. Or reptiles, for that matter.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Ha! This storyboard image I acquired from Disney, complete with complementary colours, suggests otherwise:

CLICK

Get rekt, Contrast.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

So drama....

I might quietly disagree with Rakuen on some points regarding analytic approaches to furry stuff and such, (that being said I have this disagreement with a lot of furries) but I have no beef with him. Think the dude was the 4th furry I met in my life and we never had a fallout.

I knew rakuen is banned on fa and faf since around 2013 but hell, I was temp banned and one strike away from permaban. It wasn't really hard to get your ass kicked which eventually caused half of faf moved to weasyl after a massive f-up with their admin staff.

As for forum admin. It's kinda being run like any forum in the world so I honestly don't get what the deal is. Maybe I'm ignorant or whatever but in this place ignorance is bliss.

On the other hand I'm not going to impose on peoples rights to their opinion.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

After thinking about the petition and what it is doing. (yes, sometimes it takes me this long to think about things). I've spoken to various furs and had to do a little soul searching (sorry Leeward, going to have to be super serious about this as well). I think a lot of what Ryall says does give a lot of legitimacy to Rakuen's position. On several occasions I've also noted that Rakuen is difficult to work with, he's also human in his own special Firedog kinda way.

But as an admin and head mod he's really done his job very well. "but what about all the times he's-" yes, he's also allowed to have an opinion and sometimes he locks threads that he's had the last word in, not allowing for more discussion on the matter. For those of you familiar with (thanks Kievvu for bringing up moderation in the telegram groups) the telegram groups, there comes a point that we tell people to 'take it to pm' it's the bouncer's job to tell you to take it outside.

Leeward, in respect to Rakuen's public figure, does bringing this into consideration change his job specs? Several times I've seen him lock threads because they contravene site rules, not necessarily for personal preferences. In conversations with him he's taken hard-nosed and stubborn positions but has also on many occasions budged when proven at fault on the stance he takes. (it just takes a harder fight before he concedes.)

But he's never done something so wrong that it warrants being removed as an admin. His job has been done and he's attempted to at least try and mingle with topics he finds interesting. Yes, to many his argumentation is grating to the point of driving people crazy, but does that affect his ability to do the job he needs to?

I've been known to whinge at times about him. Openly sometimes but it's because I'm frustrated that it takes so much to debate the topic. I've been extremely angry about it, but honestly, I can't fault the job he does on the forum and have only in passing questioned why he locked a particular thread when he did to which I've almost always been given legitimate reasoning for it.

If a more amiable person is someone you need to maybe just, give a more, 'affable' way of communicating something, you could always ask for that methinks.

No, Rakuen is definitely not everyone's cup of social tea, but he's doing a really good job at what's been given to him.

Suggestions that we could possibly look at as solutions is maybe ask that he be more thoughtful in some of his responses and not take things so seemingly "personal". But then again that's his character and his nature, it doesn't make him any less capable of his position.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Surprise, the grey wolf is going to weigh-in on the matter :)

In case it wasn't apparent I was just trying to lighten the mood a little, if I offend, I am truly sorry and I will give you a hug or two as a recompense. :D

Let's get serious
I have to agree with Ivic here. Rakuen does a good job. I actually (yes believe it or not) have no beef with him.
I don't want Rakuen to be gone, no sir! I want him to be here. As a moderator he is the only person I know of that hasn't fallen into the trap that so many mods do, that of total power tripping. I agree, the way he speaks to people is not right SOMETIMES, but, he hasn't gone power tripping like so many other sites have. So yes he's banned from FA- I am on that site, and I can now tell you its a crock of shit! I now concede I agree with you all.

This is what I think needs to happen, and of course, it is not my business to say anything, I am just a pleb!

a) I think Rakuen needs to take a load off, delegate the admin function to a proper, capable furry who has the experience with web dev. I think he needs to either retain his moderator status or, be part of the admin group.
This way, we don't strip the guy of his rights and responsibilities and I guess we get what we want, a site revamp, modern software, etc, and yes I don't have to use that dastardly third party image hosting to put up pics XD.

b) Please Mr Fire Dog, can you please put down the walls, and come out a bit? Yeah I was an arsehole, a douchebag, in the distant past, I am not either of those anymore. I mean you no harm whatsoever. You know, it would be freaking AWESOME to engage with you about your upcoming trip to eurofurence, sheesh man, I'd love to ask you about it and get info from you to write about, rather than a one-sided Flayrah approach.

Anyways, I hope this has a peaceful outcome, and the above is really how I feel OK.
Love and Peace to you all
Arty!
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 pm he's really done his job very well.
i don't think anyone contests this. even Lee said he does a good job. \Owo/ but what the heck even IS his job? the stuff he is praised to do so well is normally considered moderating isn't it? do administrators not normally work with the actual websites code or something? \OwO/ and now Ivic is admin too!? isn't that pretty much JUST as redundant as Rakuen being one? Owo does the global moderator position just fall away now? what is it even there for? do any of this make sense to anyone else?
Owo or am i just crazy for thinking that people should have positions relevant to what they actually do? ...i mean imagine walking into a shop and asking for the manager then everyone from the cleaning lady to the cashiers go "we're the manager" <w< sounds like communism to me man.

UwU/ at this point i don't even know whats going on anymore... Valerion mentioned a thread being made at the end of the month so i'll just go ahead and wait for that with the hopes it gets explained... still, Owo people complaining about a mod having admin rights, then making the last mod an admin too... dude... epic...
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

So I see a lot of people here have opinions of Rakuen's social skills.
May I have a show of hands. Who here actually made an attempt on talking to him one on one?

When I started here. I was sure Rakuen hated me...
Now... I consider him a good friend.

I sent him a PM about it...
(Shortened)
PM from Me to Rakuen wrote: You don't like me do you?(Not just based on the post above)

May I ask why though?

What did I ever do to you?

I'm sorry for whatever it was...
Reply wrote: Lots of people seem jump to the conclusion I don't like them. :/ I have nothing against you.
And I'm sure I'm one of the few people that even tried, aren't I?
You people judge a person, purely out of the reputation that he holds?

And I'm gonna be honest... On the forums, Rakuen can be stern and hardheaded.
As is what is expected of him.
He needs to be. Otherwise people are gonna walk over him like a damned carpet.

Anyway... So I started talking to Rakuen a lot. And he's a really nice guy...
Sure he's got his flaws. Don't we all?

I posted a vent a while ago... And Rakuen sent me a message on discord...
He was the only one that did(At that time)... And... Rakuen. You have no idea how much that message meant to me... Seriously dude...

I took a screenshot of it. But I prefer not posting it...

Point I'm making is...
Rakuen is a human being... Just like you. Just like me...
And through the anonymity of the internet.
We forget this sometimes...
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

I don't have contacts for Rakuen. Given a different circumstance I'd talk to him directly instead of via the by and by.
First of all given the chance I'd apologize directly for my behaviour past.
Second of all I'd try and break down that wall a little bit, build up some kind of relationship with him. I reiterate- at the end of the day its not about me, it's about this fandom, this community.

I can see where Lee is coming from with the petition, however I can also see where everyone else is coming from.

The issue is not that, the issue is, the newcomers, and also, the one thing we seem to all agree on, the site needs a makeover. I know and appreciate the work that has been done, but, at this time, even FA is ahead of us, and you all agree its a crap site. When its not being DDoSed into the ground, it works pretty slick.

Now I don't want to say much else here please my fellow furs, I don't want to add any spark or fuel (you know what I mean).
I will watch for the outcome, and let's see what happens in the end. Either way I think ZAFUR will carry on regardless.