FAQ: Regarding furries

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
Keita Haruka
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Black wolf
Region: Gauteng

FAQ: Regarding furries

Post by Keita Haruka »

1) What is furry?
Broadly speaking, the term “furry” can refer to two things: a) a created anthropomorphic character (you’ve probably seen them in various children’s shows. Bugs Bunny is an anthropomorph) or b) a fan of such creatures. Why are people fans of such creatures? Who knows? The reasons are legion. The interest in anthros range from artistic expression to flights of fantasy, role playing, storytelling and other artistic outlets. For others, the interest is sexual, or even spiritual. There’s no clear cut reason for considering yourself to be furry. If you say you are, then you are. There’s no set of rules you have to satisfy, or a particular set of feelings you must have. You don’t have to have a definition for it…as you can see, it’s pretty difficult to define anyway. Whatever your interest in furry, whether it’s art, role playing, sexual or spiritual, it all has its place within the furry fandom. Most furries choose a fursona when hey enter the fandom (while other claim to have always been their fursona, so again, no clear cut definition.

2) Am I insane?
Well, I don’t know. Are you?
Unless you were diagnosed by a qualified psychiatrist, I’d lean toward no. Being furry is not a mental illness. “Furry” is not a term you’ll find anywhere in any kind of psychiatric journal, nor is there any mediation for treating it. So relax. You’re not insane. You’re just different, and here, you’ll find that differences are celebrated.

3) Is furry connected to bestiality?
Short answer: No. Long answer: HELL NO!! Bestiality is related to furry in the same way child molesters are associated with homosexuals. Just because a few bigots believe it doesn’t make it true. It is true that some furs are into bestiality, but not all furs are into that, just like not all people who practice bestiality are furries.