Discontinuation of the CR program

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Discontinuation of the CR program

Post by Valerion »

We will be discontinuing the CR program. A lot have been said about this program, both in favour and against it. However, things have a defined lifetime and I believe now is the sunset time for this. Going forward, Ivic will be the official spokesman of the Administrators, and is taking on a lot of the CR duties, but as a member of the Admin team and not standing outside it.

I really do appreciate the time each CR has spent on their duties. You were an awesome team and I am grateful for your help.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Discontinuation of the CR program

Post by Adagio »

So... Yeah...
:(
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Adagio wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:19 pm So... Yeah...
:(
A most insightful comment, mister snep. :P

I will miss the initiative - and especially seeing the purple names. But it ran its course, and in many areas was redundant. So I can understand the decision to dissolve it.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

There are other ways to try get a fancy coloured name if people are interested.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

I disagree.
I feel it was amazing.
I feel I poured my heart, and soul into it. And it to this community.

I helped people. I mattered. I had a purpose.
And because someone couldnt figure out what it was.
Thats taken away from me.
And thats probably selfish.

I dont think you know what this stupid purple name meant to me...
And I thought about applying to the mod position.
But im not a mod...
Im someone, who helps people.
Hell. Im planning... Was planning on taking psycology courses to better understand people... To better help them

Lets just start another bloody pettition shall we?
Fuck up someone eleses job.

Im done.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

What is preventing you from helping people now?
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Adagio wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm And I thought about applying to the mod position.
But im not a mod...
can't you just be a mod and call yourself a senior community representative? apparently you can legitimately do that. i'm pretty sure everyone that was a CR will just get hired by defacto as mods because... <w< well shit, the only people suitable for the mod jobs was already recruited into the CR thing. i bet if they kept the CR thing then there would have been no suitable applicants for mod positions.
Adagio wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm Lets just start another bloody pettition shall we?
Fuck up someone eleses job.
funny how there's a petition for an admin to step down then suddenly there's an extra admin and everyone else gets fired lol... it's like shooting at an apple and suddenly the bullet turns into popcorn while the apple grows zebra legs and trots off into the sunset with your sandwich.
Galahad wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 pm What is preventing you from helping people now?
Ow< ... the color barrier... *badum tis*
so x-purple dinosaur, you gonna be a green dinosaur?
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad wrote:so x-purple dinosaur, you gonna be a green dinosaur?
Unless some exceptional circumstance arises... Nah. I am merely a pleb now, and default-coloured dinosaur. :P
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

I am sad to see the CR position go... I do think that it had its uses for sure, and I know that we had some wonderful furs in the CR role.
I am hopeful that things will continue to improve as we go forward, though. Wishing all of the former CRs the best. Thank you so much for all that you have done. Don't ever think that you weren't and aren't still appreciated.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:02 am
Galahad wrote:so x-purple dinosaur, you gonna be a green dinosaur?
Unless some exceptional circumstance arises... Nah. I am merely a pleb now, and default-coloured dinosaur. :P
I also have no idea why I quoted Animew as 'Galahad'. I am just going to go jump off a cliff now.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

You need a purple name to feel like you matter? Adge, come on...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

I think it's more about being dumped without notice.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

The CRs were aware of the plan to dissolve it, 11 days in advance.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Really?! Oh well.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

It's quite funny how it's assumed that this was due to the petition. Hint. It was not.

I do get where Adagio is coming from as I feel exactly the same. However what's done is done, and in all honesty there are some good things that come from this too, such as getting rid of the bad connotations of being associated with the forum (and no, I am not referring to any of the admins. I am more referring to certain regulars on the forum who have made everything pretty unenjoyable for not only myself but many other people).

Thank you all for the appreciation.. it really does mean a lot, it was an amazing position to have and I was honoured to be apart of such an team and movement. Although maybe a lot was behind the scenes I am proud of what we have done and accomplished and I know for a fact that thus wasn't a cause that was for nothing. I will miss it dearly.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
TheOldWolf
Species: Wolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Huh. Never really payed attention to the purpose of the role, so not really one to be affected by it's lack thereof, still, from what I understand, it was a willingness to be helpful and friendly - and those roles of being a peoplin' person and bringing other people into the fold and drawing them into the local communities is diminished by no mark, (seeing as this is in no manner strictly tied to an officially endorsed role.)

So perhaps some will be sad to see it go, and others pleased, and others, completely indifferent - I don't feel it diminishes the will to be helpful and kind to others in the least.
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Tocs wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pmI am more referring to certain regulars on the forum who have made everything pretty unenjoyable for not only myself but many other people
Seriously? You're going to play coy? Sheesh...

You were absent for how long and yet you still care about being purple here as if you weren't chiefly doing it off-forum? My word... You and Adagio both have your heads so far up your arses about this you can't even tell how ridiculous you're being. Nurse, we need two shots 7 gigawatts perspective, stat!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

That is exactly the sort of thing that has been a problem. Insults and lies that are just spread around for no other reason to hurt people. Leeward will now be having a break from the forum for the next week.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

Leeward wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:37 pm
Tocs wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pmI am more referring to certain regulars on the forum who have made everything pretty unenjoyable for not only myself but many other people
Seriously? You're going to play coy? Sheesh...

You were absent for how long and yet you still care about being purple here as if you weren't chiefly doing it off-forum? My word... You and Adagio both have your heads so far up your arses about this you can't even tell how ridiculous you're being. Nurse, we need two shots 7 gigawatts perspective, stat!
Oh yes! I've been absent despite checking into the forums every single day and actually doing the things I still need to do on and off forums. See what's the point of posting anything when I have to see your horrible responses literally every single page. It is almost like your entire existence online is purely to be antagonistic to literally anything the forums does and yes, you guessed it, YOU are one of the people making the forums unenjoyable, arguably the greatest offender of this. Enjoy the ban you deserve.
And das not good
SilverFox12578
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Oh no. I come back to check in and this is the first thing I see.. :cry:
It makes me really sad to hear about this. It was nice having the CR team around. I would find it easier to talk to them if something was bothering me, since I find contacting mods and Admins slightly intimidating. You were all always very friendly and helpful. To the CR team, I'm sorry this happened. Don't feel any less useful or be discouraged to help. You are all amazing, kind people and you can still be there for the community.
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Le gasp! Now where would I find another dead horse to beat the hell out of? This is a dark year for the fandom indeed... ;3

More importantly though. Psyvic, you sure you can handle more work? I mean, the last time we chatted and I mentioned your inactivity you couldn't wait to jump on the fact that you had so many obligations and responsibilities that kept you away and that you had a habit of biting off more than you can chew, you sure you're gonna be alright?

I suppose your sudden promotion did at least make you a little bit more active. For now. But let's wait a few months to see if anything actually changes.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Well, at least that name stuck. We will see yeah, thanks for your concern
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

"Concern"
And das not good
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Dear Tocs
Your single word reply of "Concern", I presume was to correct the grammar/spelling?

I double-checked the spelling above and it seems correct. I think the only thing we can say is that there is punctuation omitted from the end of Ivic's statement
Well, at least that name stuck. We will see yeah, thanks for your concern.
That, seems to be correct?

Moving on to other relevant matters though-
CyntheWightRabbit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am Le gasp! Now where would I find another dead horse to beat the hell out of? This is a dark year for the fandom indeed... ;3
Perhaps it would be fitting to contribute here, <- seems to be the ideal dead horse to flog!
CyntheWightRabbit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am More importantly though. Psyvic, you sure you can handle more work? I mean, the last time we chatted and I mentioned your inactivity you couldn't wait to jump on the fact that you had so many obligations and responsibilities that kept you away and that you had a habit of biting off more than you can chew, you sure you're gonna be alright?
The sarcasm in your response seems to indicate that you have a certain level of, what we call in the trade- "butthurt". Since this forum is practically a breath away from death, I do not see how it can take up more than five minutes of anyone's time to manage on a daily basis.
CyntheWightRabbit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am I suppose your sudden promotion did at least make you a little bit more active. For now. But let's wait a few months to see if anything actually changes.
I could quote the line of "Be the Change you want to see happening" but I believe, that such a statement would be lost on you anyway. The level of cynicism you present surely gives us that idea, and I suspect that is part of your username where the first three letters, "Cyn" are a shortened form of the word cynical. I would be remiss to not mention that I detect the slightes hint of resentment that Ivic was made an admin. That is unfortunately for you, one of the better decisions made on this forum, and I think it bodes well for the future, at least. The larger question on my mind, to be brutally honest is, what is your actual goal here? I mean, you have made it clear how you feel about the forum, and by extension, the fandom, and what you think of deviantart and furry artists. I honestly do think your time and talents are much better suited on other forums where you can wallow in the same cynicism that you possess. The link I posted in this response should lead you to a whole world of like minded individuals. Perhaps you shall make a friend there.

Regards,
Arty