Badge as CR - VOTE

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.

Should Badge be the new CR for the forum?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 28
Dragonwolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid
Region: Gauteng

Re: Badge as CR - VOTE

Post by Dragonwolf »

Randall for CR.
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

No thank you, furry drama as it is, is too much for me to handle on a good day
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

And you never repond to my pm's you prick. Not really CR material. XD
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Speaking of PM's, can someone please raise the limit to a number much higher than it currently is?
I hate having to clear up a few spaces every single time that I want to read a new message, and there are an increasing number of PM's that I don't want to part with.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

You know you can make folders that each have that limit, right?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Randall wrote:I change hosting as circumstances dictate. Afrihost were excellent until this MTN saga. So I also move around.

As for your assertion that it is so much effort to move the site, it isn't. It's just because it's a lot of effort for you, I can do it in mere minutes. But no you are a control freak, and it just reinforces my notion that there is some very dirty dark secret on this forum. You know what get over yourself... I couldn't care less.,I care about the fandom and I will be damned if I have to stand here and see people that I trust, get dissed because we have fucking teenagers here that are still wet behind the ears trying to dictate to a husband and father of a 6 year old,

You ZaFur, are the reason why furry is so fucked up in SA. It's your leaders and their antics that make people want to vomit and get me labeled as a dog fucker. No leadership skills, no tact, no,PR and fuck all knowledge about marketing. And people peddling dildoes as a product, and you openly suggest I must bring my family to meets, are you fucking insane????

And before you dismiss me again I know shit, because the way back machine captured some very interesting shit on this forum going back to 2010.

Just like I must concede there are people smarter than me, try and fucking just get over yourselves and accept some of us can do a better job and some of us are smarter than the lot running this place.
All well and good. I'm sorry you feel this way but the fandom is what the fandom is. If you can't deal with everyone or look at everything from that perspective then maybe you've also missed the point a bit. Being able to deal with it on a person by person basis. I've noted some interesting points that you make. Some of them do however sound very "blackmail-y" and I think it's best you calm down for a bit.

We're supposed to be as accepting of people as possible, you're making that as impossible with your ranting here. If there's a point to this and some form of safe space we can glean from it, it's the fact that people like what people like. Bad Dragon has good marketing since it caters for a specific group of people, much like any other sex shop out there. Much like any community out there. I'm sorry you get labeled. It's not the intention of the people on this forum nor anything beyond that. We follow a set of rules as much as possible. We hope that people can follow that.

I probably wouldn't have told you to bring your wife to a meet with furs unless she was prepared to see the full spectrum. Irrespective of how clean you would like to see the forum, or meets it just isn't what it's about. You had your ability to see what it was like, you don't like it and want something new. I support that. Create the places and times to do so. Create the safe space you think we need and run with it. We can't criticize until we see whether it works.

I however applaud your way of turning something that could have been an uplifting perspective into one that is caustic as a whole.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Randall

Post by Randall »

You know what, the fandom can be so much better.
The truth is like I have said before, the fandom isn't perverse like this overseas. And what about kids eh? No always putting dick before logic, everything has to be about fucking... Everything has to be about dick size, everything has to be about the perverse.

Fuck this, I know I can do better and we don't have to have huffing and puffing around every corner
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Yeah guys my dick is obviously the biggest here so it's stupid to argue about that.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Im sorry but Randall do you have intimate knowledge of how an overseas furry community works... like as in you have spent nearly a year with them, with both the outcasts, the general fandom, the newbies and the so imbedded they may as well grow fur and be done with it?

Because if you do then by all means please keep comparing the two. But if you dont, i suggest you shut the fuck up. Because the two are exactly the same oh so very the same. And amazon works better here so actually its ten times worse.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Randall

Post by Randall »

I suggest you shut the fuck up, I was a furry since 1999 remember, I know how it is.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

No. You know how you think it is, but ill leave you to yoir delusions. Im off to support people. Tchuss
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Woah, okay, dude that was completely uncalled for...
Randall

Post by Randall »

Called Tetsudra a dick yesterday and now it's a free for all buddy. The bar fight is under way
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

I suggest everyone, randall, feeling a little upset and sweary right now, go take a nice cold shower, a cup of tea/coffee/water, google some puppies and kittens, and then continuing
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Wow... er... obviously being a volunteer mini-mod on a furry forum is serious bizniz.

Should I wade through 5 pages of text walls or just come back when you've all settled down? The reactions I feel are disproportionate and in most cases, not really related to the new CR appointment.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Sev, Faan its okay, fortunately i can dish it out and take it.

Not my fault im the oy one on the forum with the guts to do it.

Also i would but the water isnt on at home because the plumbers are busy... and we have no wifi at home because BT is literally the telkom of the UK.

Faan can i has come to you?

Sudan you are correct. This once was a thread about crs noe its just me and randall being pms bitches.
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

RavenSong wrote:Sudan you are correct. This once was a thread about crs noe its just me and randall being pms bitches.
Could you guys then kindly "take it outside" or do you both require an audience? This is extremely unproductive.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Meh im done. I dont have the data for this and my attention is better needed elsewhere.
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Do we really need CR?

Post by Neon »

This thread has been one heck of a read, and while I could make this a very long winded post, and single out specific messages and give input, I believe all I would want to say has been said already. It's great that we are able to express ourselves like this, and have open and honest discussion.

I just want to take a logical and distanced standpoint here and ask if we really do need the Community Representative title. Don't get me wrong, I think its a pretty neat idea, but quite unnecessary in this case. I believe we are just too small to require such positions and titles. I mean, this forum has around 40 active posters who regularly engage? Likely even less than that. And yes, our community does extend to beyond this forum, but even then I feel we have just shy of 150 total regularly active members. I believe that even if there wasn't a fancy title to it, those who are part of it would still do what they do, simply because it is what they want to do. (Adiago and Tocs, you guys are great for being supporting pillars of this community). While the whole CR system has been pretty great so far, right now it seems to be causing more arguments and concerns than mediating them.

Should Badge be a new CR? Eh, I feel undecided. By principle, seeing as CR is forum oriented and he is not too active here, I should probably vote 'No', but I'll without my vote for now. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but I'm still questioning the need or function of Community Reps, when we all openly express how tight knit we are. And if we are so tight knit and close, then why do we need to have some to stand out from the others?

I see your point about how having a Community Rep could we welcoming to a newcomer, but by the same token it could also initially appear daunting, to have those who seem to stand out and (at first be seemingly) be above others, almost like a hierarchy (and yes this is quite a stretch. I'm just trying to view from a far different perspective)

Anyways, I think that community reps are great, just maybe not ultimately necessary now. Maybe hold off until we grow to 500 strong active community members?
Randall wrote:
would recommend that, as a rule, all ZA Forum users have a purring kitten on their laps while debating to soothe them, but I'd imagine within five minutes the felines would find themselves in the role of being improvised projectiles. :P
As a cat owner and cat fancier with a track record in Gauteng, your joke is in bad taste!
Cmon Randaaal, its just a silly joke :P
Made me chuckle at least
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Also as a point of course I've banned Valerion from coming on to the forum until cooler heads prevail, I've enforced the 24hr rule on him. His conduct was not useful to the discussion at hand and I would like this thread to actively focus on the issue it was meant for. I thank Neon, Sudan Red and the other furs for bringing this to the fore.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

To summarize much of the latter half of this thread...

:P Before anyone gets mad: Yes, I do take this seriously. Nonetheless, I feel some levity and humour is in order to lighten the mood.
In any case, judging by the poll results thus far, it would seem Badge is in good standing with the majority of the community: currently 64%, to be specific. Almost two-thirds.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote:Also as a point of course I've banned Valerion from coming on to the forum until cooler heads prevail, I've enforced the 24hr rule on him. His conduct was not useful to the discussion at hand and I would like this thread to actively focus on the issue it was meant for. I thank Neon, Sudan Red and the other furs for bringing this to the fore.
WTF?

You banned Valerion?

But he wasn't being any worse than many of the others?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

He's not banned banned. That was not the best choice of wording. He just will not be participating for a while.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Ban everyone!

Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I would love to hear reasons from the 14 people that are not the current CR's why they voted yes, because other than from Raven, we've not heard one.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I voted yes because I trust those that say he will do a good job and none of the objections have really focussed on any deficiency in his character, just that he is not as active on the forum as others.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Which is a point that should not be understated.
Regardless of what Tocs keeps insisting, this is something that is mostly limited to the forum.

I can't really see someone barging into a random telegram group and proclaiming "I'm a CR and I'm here to save you all".
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Because if the CR's want to work with Badge that is 100% fine with me... They know better how to do whatever it is they do.

Or do we need to get the IEC involved to turn this into a legit serious process?

I find it hilarious that this is taken so personally for so many members. I get some of the view points but it's not like parlament just elected a president.

My popcorn is finished now so if this continues i'll have to resort to tnt microwave brand.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Before I voted, I asked two associates of his questions about his standing, habits and so on with respect to the community in general (as I am not well-acquainted with him). Even accounting for bias, the feedback was generally positive. Badge also did volunteer, himself. Hence, to fill the void left by Leeward's departure, and because he appears to be a good and willing candidate, I voted "yes".
Tetsudra
Species: Apathetic

Post by Tetsudra »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:just that he is not as active on the forum as others.
And our primary argument is not just that Badge is inactive, but that high levels of forum activity should at the very least be a prerequisite for the CR role.

By permitting this, what ZAFur is really saying is that it doesn't matter how much time you invest in this community - that it's better to be friends with the current staff if you want the privilege of a forum title.

We're in a situation now where someone who barely participates in this community, is being elevated to a privileged position within it, despite having done relatively little to earn it here. This feels exactly like cronyism, which is what we're taking exception to - not Badge personally, not the existence of the CR role, or anyone's independence in making this choice.