Badge as CR - VOTE

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.

Should Badge be the new CR for the forum?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 28
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Re: Badge as CR - VOTE

Post by Randall »

You wanted the CRs to gain mod powers in parts of the forum. I gave you that, to make your job easier.
And your point is?
You resigned because I wouldn't agree with you that the CRs have no purpose on the forum. You wanted to destroy the CR role, and change it into a Mod role. I still disgree with your argument.
No its because, to get anything done here that benefits the greater good of the forum, even if its a fucking good idea, is like pulling teeth with you lot. The phase of the moon has to align, Venus and Mars have to be in orbit, for it be OK. In reality its
all about your boss isn't it, and knowing his sort, that is where it all runs dead. He is too busy running around, basking in the ambience that he OMFG LORD OF SOUTH AFRICAN FURRIES. The forum owner, doesn't give a flying fuck for this fandom either.
You also resigned because I told you that it is too early to move hosting provider. I felt the idea was good, but the timing was wrong, as I was focused on another project at the time (in this case the con).
Wrong, I pushed for this, because, in your flaming little anger trap, you fail to see the bigger issue here, this site is vulnerable and sitting on crap hosting, all because. OMFG, its easier because site owner can get it cheap cheap.
So because of stupidity, we have to endure a site that is unstable, as insecure as hell, yet you refuse me to look into this and fix it, well guess what, I don't care, don't come crying to me when you get hacked and all your dirty little secrets get splashed out on pastebin! I warned you, you refuse to listen, so reap the consequences!!!!
I remember sending you a 1.5 screen PM explaining my position and reasons for doing what I did, to which I have, to date, received no reply on. You resigned within a week after that.
So what.

In closing I will say this. This forum, is very difficult for me to handle, because, if you are not buddy buddy with the owners, and meet some yet-to-be-determined criteria, then its tough biscuits for you.
Well guess what, you just watch me, Wait and see what I do for this fandom...
would recommend that, as a rule, all ZA Forum users have a purring kitten on their laps while debating to soothe them, but I'd imagine within five minutes the felines would find themselves in the role of being improvised projectiles. :P
As a cat owner and cat fancier with a track record in Gauteng, your joke is in bad taste!
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Leeward wrote:
Valerion wrote:You also resigned because I told you that it is too early to move hosting provider. I felt the idea was good, but the timing was wrong, as I was focused on another project at the time (in this case the con).
Hosting migrations are not a huge deal, it takes a few hours if you know what you're doing, which you clearly don't.
I remember sending you a 1.5 screen PM explaining my position and reasons for doing what I did, to which I have, to date, received no reply on. You resigned within a week after that.
Your PM was one of the reasons I resigned, how did you not realise that?
Do you know my finances, Leeward? Did you bother to ask how I would fund this move? You offered to gather donations. You offered to have other people pay, all of which I explained why I don't like the idea. In great detail.

Did you bother to ask about my schedule? It's actually a matter of at least a few days, to get the new host set up, transfer the data files across, then get the DB there. I have the technical knowledge to do it. I also know that I don't do things because I wake up one morning and they seem like good ideas. I like to make sure there's a very good reason for it. Neither you, nor Randall have made a case that it is essential to move the hosting provider, other than "because I say so".

Yes, I realized you resigned because of the PM. Since you didn't get your way 100% of the time in everything you suggested.

I have always seen the admins/mods/CRs as a team. You didn't strike me as a team player the last few months, as you never bothered to even try to understand my point of view.

But that is the end of this discussion.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

"Tetsudra, Leeward, Randall and Sev are in agreement that we aren't doing our job properly. Be assured that we are trying our best and maybe we'll be able to change that perspective in time."

It's not that I don't think that you're not doing your jobs properly, it's more that I don't like the decisions that are being made and the direction that things are going.

And honestly, in my mind, can be said about the local fandom as well. It's becoming ever more fractured and divided.
Which is why I'm questioning whether or not I want to continue to be a part of it.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:
Ivic_Wulfe wrote:Tetsudra, Leeward, Randall and Sev are in agreement that we aren't doing our job properly. Be assured that we are trying our best and maybe we'll be able to change that perspective in time.
I don't mean to be snide, but how long will that take? It's already been two years since the con was in the works.
You are right. It's been about a year and a half really. Many conventions have taken longer to get off the ground.

In respect to the forum I feel we're in a good position to begin to do what's necessary and be more actively involved. You're not being snide. It's a truth that I for one am willing to face.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Valerion wrote:Do you know my finances, Leeward? Did you bother to ask how I would fund this move? You offered to gather donations. You offered to have other people pay, all of which I explained why I don't like the idea. In great detail.
Oh but you wouldn't, Anoyomouse would. Or would he? Is that the problem?
Did you bother to ask about my schedule? It's actually a matter of at least a few days, to get the new host set up, transfer the data files across, then get the DB there. I have the technical knowledge to do it. I also know that I don't do things because I wake up one morning and they seem like good ideas. I like to make sure there's a very good reason for it. Neither you, nor Randall have made a case that it is essential to move the hosting provider, other than "because I say so".
This has already been answered and you are unequivocally wrong.
Yes, I realized you resigned because of the PM. Since you didn't get your way 100% of the time in everything you suggested.

I have always seen the admins/mods/CRs as a team. You didn't strike me as a team player the last few months, as you never bothered to even try to understand my point of view.
Bullshit. I was always willing to compromise, but all my suggestions were almost always met with a resounding "no, end of discussion" like what you're doing right now.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

This is really what I mean. These last few weeks, people are being driven apart and turned into bitter rivals.
I'm willing to have a civil chat with Tetsudra even after he has continuously bad mouthed me, but some of you guys seem on the edge of throttling each other.
It makes it really, really awkward to be friends with you guys, when you're all going at each other.
Tetsudra
Species: Apathetic

Post by Tetsudra »

Valerion wrote:It's actually a matter of at least a few days, to get the new host set up, transfer the data files across, then get the DB there.
Last week, Afrihost had some network issues, which were disclosed in TechCentral the next day. That evening, in the span of 4 hours, I migrated both AnthroCulture sites from Afrihost to DigitalOcean. That included building the VMs and installing prerequisite software from scratch, populating the content, setting up LetsEncrypt SSL certificates and doing the DNS changeover.

Sorry, Valerion, you might fool people that don't know better, but you're not going to fool me.
Randall

Post by Randall »

And honestly, in my mind, can be said about the local fandom as well. It's becoming ever more fractured and divided.
I know a lot more about this fandom, thankfully than I will let on, and I won't let on because fuck, you all know much more than me, my IQ is not high enough!

I am sick of this forum, that's why I went somewhere else. Constantly kicking a gift-horse in the mouth., constantly telling people with experience, especially with conferences, to shut up. Constantly having to watch out that I don't hurt someone's feelings. Constantly dismissing my valid input and having the gall to lock my threads about it. Ag nee wat, nee dankie!
How you lot get by in the real world, is an absolute marvel to me. None of you, quite frankly will last a day at my current job, or any job in this industry for that matter.
Last week, Afrihost had some network issues, which were disclosed in TechCentral the next day. That evening, in the span of 4 hours, I migrated both AnthroCulture sites from Afrihost to DigitalOcean. That included building the VMs and installing prerequisite software from scratch, populating the content, setting up LetsEncrypt SSL certificates and doing the DNS changeover.
My sites, particularly sonicthehedgehog.co.za was also affected. Its due to MTN's network, which Afrihost is reliant upon. But wait, don't believe me... ek is mos fokken dom!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Seeing as the question is would I vote yay or nay. Yay.

Because I believe the Badge has both the maturity and the same common goal as the other two... to make this forum welcoming.

Which it appears certain people (I'm not allowed to mention names lest I get more warnings which I did deserve) don't want to do.

Now, if you bunch of bickering old gnats want to stop acting like kids and actually show some support to the community, why not help ease Badge into his position and congratulate Tocs and Adagio for making a proactive/adult decision, which actually could be an extremely positive step for the forum.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

It is plain to see that this thread, which began as a rational debate, is quickly deteriorating into something less noble. Please, as some concerned members noted earlier - we have enough division in the community already, and this is not helping reconcile that. May we, please, at least take some time to cool down before continuing, if it must be discussed?
Randall

Post by Randall »

The division is caused, by the very factors I am vocal about. *shakes head*
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

On a somewhat positive note, this is possibly the most activity that I have ever seen in my time on this forum.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

RavenSong wrote:(I'm not allowed to mention names lest I get more warnings which I did deserve)
Unwarranted insults are not deserving of a warning now? I thought we were being considerate towards the delicate people.
Tetsudra
Species: Apathetic

Post by Tetsudra »

Sev wrote:On a somewhat positive note, this is possibly the most activity that I have ever seen in my time on this forum.
Somewhat unfortunate though that the forum is most active when it's busy imploding. ZAFur seems to exist to host discussions about the drama on ZAFur, at least going by this post count!
Galahad wrote:we have enough division in the community already, and this is not helping reconcile that.
You see division, the rest of us see diversity of thought. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Tetsudra wrote:You see division, the rest of us see diversity of thought. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing.
I can get behind this comment. Nothing wrong, execution can become an issue though but that's personal preference. :P

Leeward, she did get a warning.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Tetsudra wrote:
Galahad wrote:we have enough division in the community already, and this is not helping reconcile that.
You see division, the rest of us see diversity of thought. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing.
I agree that we can disagree. ;)
However, one has but to read through the wording of the above posts to see this is not a civil debate, which can stem from peaceful disagreement. It is not the exchange of ideas and debate I am against; as with a few other members, it is the fact that insults and remarks are being made.
Dragonwolf
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon Wolf Hybrid

Post by Dragonwolf »

*places his popcorn aside after reading all the rants, barely seeing anything about actual votes.*

Um question... Who is Badge?
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Did I get that right?... The mic was off? What do you mean it was OFF!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I won't apologise for my wording. I'm facing an imminent death in my family right now so I'm speaking from the heart and I don't care if I'm hurting anyone's feelings in the process. Everything I've said is true as far as I'm concerned, and very much needed saying. I'm bad at phrasing at the best of times anyway.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:I won't apologise for my wording. I'm facing an imminent death in my family right now so I'm speaking from the heart and I don't care if I'm hurting anyone's feelings in the process. Everything I've said is true as far as I'm concerned, and very much needed saying. I'm bad at phrasing at the best of times anyway.
At present I don't think you have to. We understand your circumstances and that you've been able to, for the most part, make your grievances known is important. I really hope things will improve for you.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Dragonwolf wrote:*places his popcorn aside after reading all the rants, barely seeing anything about actual votes.*

He's a Badger.

That actually raises a point I'd like to make:

Perhaps having a cr who isn't as in your face etc I'd a good thing. Like having an independent auditor. Badge is here bit he isn't as active as some of the other furs and that makes him less inclined to be biased towards one party or another.

Where as I very clearly make it known I don't like people, he wouldn't.

I appreciate that and I genuinely think it's what the forum needs.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

I am sorry about your loved one Lee, it isn't a pleasant thing anyone can go through. May I just say that everything you've said is what you think* is true, not is absolutely true (yes some of what you said is, and some of what you said isn't) and the same goes for me I guess due to the perspective I have.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Thanks but I wasn't looking for sympathy, I was just providing context. I have a weird grieving process. My points still stand.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

It's simple, if no one wants him as CR, then make him CR. How better than to have someone that thinks completely different to the other CR's, how better it is to have someone in power that could easily be taken out? Is that not better? There wouldn't be arrogance, self entitlement, God like behaviors, basically everything Zuma isn't. Haha.

But yeah, I like representatives from separate social groups. It's not like that can hang on someone with out a valid reason and understanding. No more 'oh he's my friend, that makes him right'.

PS, must be a South African Fur.
"We should stop being envious of others and start being more accepting of ourselves."

Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Leeward wrote:Thanks but I wasn't looking for sympathy, I was just providing context. I have a weird grieving process. My points still stand.
And I wasn't giving sympathy because you were looking for it, I was giving me because that's just who I am, and I just want to ensure that honestly despite the disagreements being made today that another time things can actually still be peaceful, and still be relatively friends (this goes for everyone, not just talking about me and Lee personally)
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

It's funny how so many people here are upset for not being considered for the role. Some because they left the country, others for being assholes, some just because they have so many tantrums.

You need someone that is constant. That doesn't give a flying F about people's feelings. I think Obsidian should be CR. I know at least he doesn't relate to a lot of you, making him the best unbiased individual.

Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Dragonwolf wrote:*places his popcorn aside after reading all the rants, barely seeing anything about actual votes.*

I think that this might just be a problem.

Everyone knows me, Raven, and Lee.
Had it not been for the fact that I spend a lot of time talking to Tocs and Adagio, I wouldn't even have paid any special attention to him (and then this announcement would have been even more shocking).
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Tetsudra wrote:
Valerion wrote:It's actually a matter of at least a few days, to get the new host set up, transfer the data files across, then get the DB there.

Sorry, Valerion, you might fool people that don't know better, but you're not going to fool me.
I got shouted at for hosting outside SA. I got told to use Afrihost as a hosting platform. Now you move from Afrihost to a non-SA hosting platform. And this is better than me staying where I was? Fascinating.
Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf »

Sev wrote:
I think that this might just be a problem.

Everyone knows me, Raven, and Lee.
Had it not been for the fact that I spend a lot of time talking to Tocs and Adagio, I wouldn't even have paid any special attention to him (and then this announcement would have been even more shocking).

Why Raven? She isn't in SA anymore. Why you Sev? I hear you get really angry and threaten to delete your account, how many times is it now, 4?

And I am not sure about Lee. Lee sounds like a nice name. Let's vote him.

Anyway, Sev I always ask, why would I choose X person over myself? I have been here for years. More that 90% of the peeps. I've seen rages. I've seen quitters, I've seen rants that cause message bugs on the site. I've set up events. I've organized camping. I work my butt of to make a certain crowd feel welcome because of so many tantrums around here.

So I come back to my base line, why should I give my vote to person X?

( I hope those that read can understand what I mean)

Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I never mentioned myself as a candidate. I simply said that I'm known.

I long, long, long ago wrote off the chance of ever becoming CR, unfortunately.

And, no, last night was the first time that I sent in a request to have my account deactivated, and that was because I was legitimately reaching a breaking point.
Also Lee = Leeward.
Randall

Post by Randall »

I change hosting as circumstances dictate. Afrihost were excellent until this MTN saga. So I also move around.

As for your assertion that it is so much effort to move the site, it isn't. It's just because it's a lot of effort for you, I can do it in mere minutes. But no you are a control freak, and it just reinforces my notion that there is some very dirty dark secret on this forum. You know what get over yourself... I couldn't care less.,I care about the fandom and I will be damned if I have to stand here and see people that I trust, get dissed because we have fucking teenagers here that are still wet behind the ears trying to dictate to a husband and father of a 6 year old,

You ZaFur, are the reason why furry is so fucked up in SA. It's your leaders and their antics that make people want to vomit and get me labeled as a dog fucker. No leadership skills, no tact, no,PR and fuck all knowledge about marketing. And people peddling dildoes as a product, and you openly suggest I must bring my family to meets, are you fucking insane????

And before you dismiss me again I know shit, because the way back machine captured some very interesting shit on this forum going back to 2010.

Just like I must concede there are people smarter than me, try and fucking just get over yourselves and accept some of us can do a better job and some of us are smarter than the lot running this place.