Management reshuffle

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Management reshuffle

Post by Valerion »

We have had a lot of discussions over the past few months, and some changes appeared at the top.
  • Ivic_Wulfe has resigned as Community Representative and has instead taken up the mantle of Global Moderator.
  • Leeward have been promoted to head the Community Representatives.
  • Faanvolla has been retained as Community Representative.
  • Tocs has been newly appointed as Community Representative.
  • Adagio has been newly appointed as Community Representative.
I would like to welcome the new team aboard, and hope we'll work together well.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: Management reshuffle

Post by Leeward »

'Grats to Ivic on the green, and to Adagio and Tocs on the purple! :D
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Been a long time since there was a green name.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

hey, natural colour. :D thanks for the opportunity. :D

Grats Lee, Adagio and Tocs on the promotion. All the best.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

The sad thing is that there are now more elevated privilege forumites than there are regular forumites.

I suppose that that's at least a small consolation for me and Raven. We're special precisely because we aren't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

There's only one extra person with a coloured name now and community reps don't have any control over the forum.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Doesn't matter when that title is restricted almost entirely to the forum. I don't think that the WhatsApp groups care much about what goes on here.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Congrats on all and happy to be apart of it :)
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

Congrats on All your promotions to all!! Ivic_Wulfe ,Leeward ,Faanvolla ,Tocs ,Adagio .
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
KinkInZA
Species: Liger

Post by KinkInZA »

dont forget me Sev Im still here too I just dont coment as much as I used to back then.
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

You might be here, but a small forum cannot survive mostly on people who post once every blood moon.

To prove a point that I made earlier, here is a list of very active people on the forum.
RavenSong
Sev
Leeward (Head CR)
Rakuen (Admin)
Fido [That is if you count his incessant ranting]
Sonic [Same as above, really]

Here are the somewhat active people:
Contrast
Asbjorn
Ivic (GM)
Valerion (Admin)
Adagio (CR)
Tocs (CR)

[Midnight is too new for me to consider her an active member]

That means that 7 out of the 12 are part of "Management" - Valerion's words, not mine.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I agree with Sev in absolutely every way. I've been physically incapable of writing a nice enough response because the truth of the matter is. I am hurt.

I am genuinely hurt.

I have not just been a member of this forum for what has been the better half of my adult life, I have also dedicated more than the majority of my time to this place. I have given what could be considered my left arm for the community, I have supported near on everyone and the fact that this was never even up for discussion, well... thanks.

Had I "lost" in a legitimate "you were nominated, we voted, thanks for coming have a gift back in the way out", I would be okay. But that's not what happened. You guys sat in your high castle, and you picked the few you liked, and bobs your Aunty, we have a new management system.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone. And I'm mot sorry at the same time. I may sit in a foreign country but I still give more of my day to this forum than most people and I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs wondering why the fek am I in a fandom that doesn't actually give two sporks.

I won't leave unless you make me. But I also do t care much anymore.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

*sighs*

I am sorry you feel unhappy about this.

I've been accused of partisanship by members before.
People leave the forum because I am Admin and autocratic
People leave the forum because Rakuen isn't nice and gentle with them
People leave the forum because there isn't enough moderators
People leave the forum becase there isn't a way to talk to the admins, since we are unapproachable
Apparently people don't want to bother me with issues related to the forum and the problems they have
Now there's too many of us and I am being autocratic again
The life of a furry forum admin is learning that you lose coming AND going. I am used to that by now.

I eventually created the CR's as a way to give the forum members a voice (their purpose is to come and harass us when we screw up, or when the members have a complaint). Also, to talk to the members, try and get them to understand our PoV. In this, I think Ivic did well. I will admit here that we asked him to step down as CR, as we considered it a conflict of interest to be both Mod and CR at the same time. I try not to interfere in the CR team, as that would be defeating the purpose of it, so I asked Ivic for a suggestion as to a successor and he suggested Leeward, which I considered a good choice for various reasons. She was then asked to construct a team and submit them.

As for Ivic, he has been doing an exemplary job in his duties as a topic moderator, and he has been advising me about the forum for quite some time privately. In that, he has shown that he can do the job quite well, and are passionate about the forum and the issues it faces. Even so, the official application he did as a Mod came to us quite some time ago, as I didn't want to make a hasty decision.

I will add to this, that I had once before opened up moderator applications to the general forum public. That turned into a real disaster due to furry drama, and I had to deal with the fallout for some time.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

On the other hand there are more members and activity than ever before.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:On the other hand there are more members and activity than ever before.
That's a bold faced lie, and you know it.

It only appears that way because a handful are disproportionately active. It terms of variety, we're pretty much at a low right now.
Last edited by Sev on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Raven, I didn't pick you for the same reason I didn't pick Yote: you're too busy with real life nonsense and I would feel bad giving you extra responsibilities. You being in England is only an added complication because the reps are region-based.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Valerion wrote:*sighs*

I am sorry you feel unhappy about this.

I've been accused of partisanship by members before.
People leave the forum because I am Admin and autocratic
People leave the forum because Rakuen isn't nice and gentle with them
People leave the forum because there isn't enough moderators
People leave the forum becase there isn't a way to talk to the admins, since we are unapproachable
Apparently people don't want to bother me with issues related to the forum and the problems they have
Now there's too many of us and I am being autocratic again
The life of a furry forum admin is learning that you lose coming AND going. I am used to that by now.

I eventually created the CR's as a way to give the forum members a voice (their purpose is to come and harass us when we screw up, or when the members have a complaint). Also, to talk to the members, try and get them to understand our PoV. In this, I think Ivic did well. I will admit here that we asked him to step down as CR, as we considered it a conflict of interest to be both Mod and CR at the same time. I try not to interfere in the CR team, as that would be defeating the purpose of it, so I asked Ivic for a suggestion as to a successor and he suggested Leeward, which I considered a good choice for various reasons. She was then asked to construct a team and submit them.

As for Ivic, he has been doing an exemplary job in his duties as a topic moderator, and he has been advising me about the forum for quite some time privately. In that, he has shown that he can do the job quite well, and are passionate about the forum and the issues it faces. Even so, the official application he did as a Mod came to us quite some time ago, as I didn't want to make a hasty decision.

I will add to this, that I had once before opened up moderator applications to the general forum public. That turned into a real disaster due to furry drama, and I had to deal with the fallout for some time.
I do feel bad for bringing it up because even though I was upset I do feel like I had to get my point of view out there. While I see the reasoning behind it all, I still feel, and this is going to sound childishly juvenile... I feel almost brushed aside. I have for a very long time, and this was sort of the straw that broke the camels back.
You also have to understand it's hard for me. For so long I dedicated so much time to this forum and this community in general, and I feel like, even before I moved to a very lonely and foreign land, that I wasn't... appreciated. Which is most likely silly but it does not change the fact that that's how I feel.

On your comments of the "people leave" I don't know what autocratic means but I'd never leave because of you. Rakuen urks me and even though he tends to be very one sided for an admin/mod/whatever, he is often a very strong voice of reason and he does care more for this forum than most of us, more for this fandom than most of us. Yes, I may feel like I could have had an equal chance to be as good an admin/mod/whatever as Leeward or one of the reps, but what's done is done, and like any authority system, I'll accept it, Congratulate them which I haven't done yet, and move on.

Leeward, had you come to me and said "hey, this is opening up. While I would like to consider you, xx and xx are reasons I can't" I wouldnt be upset by all this. Because at least I would know straight from the horses mouth why I wasn't up for this. But you didn't. One minute I'm minding my own business and wham bam thank you ma'am announcements made and I'm in a state of hurt shock. I am fully understanding of reps should be in their province but Rakuen is a rep for the whole forum and he's in a land as foreign as I am...

Congratulations to all of you. May your time in the leadership roles you have been given help mot just to grow you as people, but to inspire you as you learn and experience.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Would you rather have had me tell you "Hey, stuff is happening but you're not getting an invite because of reasons"? There's isn't really any point to such a message at all, in fact if I got that I would consider it more hurtful than finding out post-facto. I'm sorry not being in the know eventually hurt you, I just didn't want to dangle a carrot in front of you when I knew I couldn't give it.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

On account of me leaving the country in a week, I've resigned as community rep.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Good luck, man. Hope that it all works out for you.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Thank youu :3
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

We'll miss ya Faan, take care :)
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Thanks for being part of the team!