Call for moderators

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Call for moderators

Post by Valerion »

We are doing a call to find out if there are more people willing to be moderators for specific parts of the forum. If there's an area you feel you can add value to, please let us know.

Please contact Rakuen Growlithe if you are interested, as he will handle the applications, and manage the moderators on the forum.
Wolfie-DMX
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Wolf

Re: Call for moderators

Post by Wolfie-DMX »

Val,

If you dont mind, can you or the Firepuppy elaborate here what the ideal moderator would have to be? To give some of the furs out there a little idea of what to look out for?

Also a list of responsibilities maybe?

Thanks.
"So kalm soos n dagga walm"

A wise Indian say: "Keep your relationships away from furry fandom; keep furries away from your relationships"

---------------------- Account No longer active ----------------------
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Ideal moderator would be on often and responsible. You'll be assigned a couple of sub-forums to keep an eye on and then just make sure that all the posts there are complying with the site rules and, if not, take the necessary action.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

see, look there is that big "R" word i avoid....
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
terror

Post by terror »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:on often and responsible.
Check and Ummm ... :mrgreen:
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Responsibility is important when you're giving people the power to control threads and posts.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
terror

Post by terror »

okay look, in all seriousness I've moderated forums before so know whats involved and know the responsibly that's attached. Also since I'm constantly online I really don't mind taking on the role, so I'll add my name to the list and if you need me to then I'll be happy to do it
Durosuka
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

I would also like to offer to be a moderator. I am on at least twice a day with the odd day that I might not be on due to unforeseen consequences (cookies if you get the reference)

I almost always pop onto the forum with my tablet and go through every new post. even the ones I don't really follow.

I know that I would also be obligated to NOT choose sides or even dare pick on someone based on their comment and/or post unless its in violation of any of the forum rules. I have in the past picked fights and such but I promise that I will not do so again.

Is there is a more formal e-mail I'm supposed to send it or something?
Time to change
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Should really PM me rather than post here. Doesn't really matter for keeping track but perhaps might not want everyone to see if you get rejected. Not the busiest forum yet so probably will only start with a couple.

Over the week I will contact people and ask a few questions etc before deciding who I want.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Durosuka wrote:I would also like to offer to be a moderator. I am on at least twice a day with the odd day that I might not be on due to unforeseen consequences (cookies if you get the reference)
That's from Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2, Episode 2. Where's my cookies?
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art