Forum Updates

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Forum Updates

Post by anoyomouse »

Hey Guys

it's me again, as usual after an outage and update!

The hosting provider decided they didn't have my credit card details on file, so they tried to cancel the subscription, as of now we have another year of subscription (unlimited bandwidth, 10GB server side diskspace, etc) for about R83 a month, now since this shares my own personal domain i really don't mind paying that, so no suggestions about moving it, cause that's a no go :P

Anyways, we also had reports of our antispam going wild, and discovered that in PhpBB 3.0.4 where they changed the types of anti-spam mechanisms, but our theme did not support those, so i've made me some mods, and it looks like it's working for now, so we now have people asking some random questions to register

so, here's a challenge, get a list of questions and answers (simple ones) which people can answer when they register to the forums.

Also, please email me, or PM Val/Rauken if you want to help admin the boards, we need more active people watching over things

Thanks
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Forum Updates

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Is it just me or was the forum off this morning? I couldn't get on and then when I connected now I had to log in again.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Forum Updates

Post by Valerion »

It was down, with a HTTP 500. Usually that indicates a DB backup is running, I think. But it came back by itself.