The Big Forum Outage (BFO)

This will contain important announcements about ZAFur as well as the site rules. Check in here from time to time to keep up to speed.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

The Big Forum Outage (BFO)

Post by anoyomouse »

The BFO or something like that was caused by the fact that there is noone maintaining the fourms

our hosting provider decided to flip from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3 which made somethings pretty much fubar.

So, taking the fourms from PHPBB 3.0.0 to 3.0.10 took two additiona incremental updates, updating from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 and then from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 and then only to 3.0.10

This has left us without the crappy anti-spam thing, but has opened us for more spammage

I have lost all time to try and maintain this site, so this is also a callout to anyone who wishes to play with PHPBB and the forums to customize it right and keep it updated and running ... any takers?

Anyways, see you on the other side ...
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: The Big Forum Outage (BFO)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I'm always willing to help out but I don't know anything about PHPBB. If it's easy to learn I'd be open to having a go.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Post by Gothic Collie »

I use to moderate a PHPBB forum not so long ago, I allso ran it a few years back on my website so I am pretty familiar with it, I can lend a hand every now and then if you want?

PS Have you considered swapping PHPBB with something like E107 that has better anti spam support?
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Is it just me.
Or is the active topics link only showing this post. :|
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Splicer-Fox wrote:Is it just me.
Or is the active topics link only showing this post. :|
Seems to be the case (that it's only showing this). Also that's the first time I've ever clicked that link.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~