Coming soon....

Advertise and buy/sell your services here.
Eylof
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape
Location: Monte Vista , plattekloof glen , in your nightmares... joke ^^

Coming soon....

Post by Eylof »

If you are interested quad copters .... Drones ....I might have something for you... :D

It's still in concept stage but it might be in production soon and many more styles and material (ex. Carbon fibre) are on the idea list.

The quad that looks complete is only a few spares thrown together to give you an idea how it will look like when it's finished. ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Coming soon....

Post by Sev »

Ooooh, that is so awesome. How much weight can it carry? Could you attach a camera to it?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

MontgomerySeven wrote:Ooooh, that is so awesome. How much weight can it carry? Could you attach a camera to it?
I hate to burst your bubble, but camera drones aren't allowed in SA.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Leeward wrote:
MontgomerySeven wrote:Ooooh, that is so awesome. How much weight can it carry? Could you attach a camera to it?
That is the biggest load of nonsense that I have ever heard. What about their use in film? Does this country want to cripple its film industry even more?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Leeward wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was no drones are allowed at all, whether they have a camera or not.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

But that would effectively include RC aircraft...

It can't be.
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Lol depending on motor size etc. it can carry allot of weight...
And I'm afraid Leeward is right there is a ban with flying Camera drones in civilian airspace. But at a rc flying club etc it is allowed.

http://www.news24.com/Travel/Flights/CA ... s-20140402

Go to SAMAA website it explains all the rules I've been with them for 8years and have been flying for 13 years
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yes, it's a totally ridiculous (and unenforceable) rule. A rational rule would limit drones around houses and roads, perhaps, for safety and, if there are camera's privacy reasons. But RC planes are in the country already and so are kites which fly fairly high. It should be totally fine to fly a drone beneath a certain height, like 100m or 200m.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Yes, it's a totally ridiculous (and unenforceable) rule. A rational rule would limit drones around houses and roads, perhaps, for safety and, if there are camera's privacy reasons. But RC planes are in the country already and so are kites which fly fairly high. It should be totally fine to fly a drone beneath a certain height, like 100m or 200m.
That makes me think.... What about the Parrot AR drone for your tablet or phone... That is being sold at toy shops wonder if the rule applies to them? It's range is only 50m max, it would be unstoppable to enforce a rule on them
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I was in a toy shop on Tuesday. You can still buy the big 4 engine, HD camera drones. No one is ever going to know you're using one or be able to follow it. But they make a stupid rule because they don't want to do the easier thing of just adapting a related set of rules to this situation. I bought my dad a remote control helicopter for his birthday a few years back. How is that different to a drone?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Lol i have a few rc planes and helis myself, and when i fly in the park(electric rc of coarse..not nitro in parks) i put a camera on, been flying for years on the field and no one has ever complained.
Obsidian
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

Post by Obsidian »

My controls system lecturer has like 3 quad copters, 2 with camera for his random research.

I know they have been used in some mining operations as well recently, so suppose no one really cares about the rules anyways
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Not if they are stupid and impossible to enforce.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

That's the attitude that I have for my "illegal", um, pets(?).
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

These same stupid rules affect US researchers apparently. Guess it's not just our country.

http://www.nature.com/news/us-drone-res ... ce-1.15727
Because the [FAA] is forbidden by law to put such severe restrictions on model aircraft flown by hobbyists, they say, it has established a bizarre double standard in which recreational users can pilot drones but trained researchers cannot.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Going to print something like this on my cellphone cover ... Or make it a bumper sticker for my car...... And the other one a nice big poster for my wall
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (15.62 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (39.4 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

ShaunWolf wrote:Going to print something like this on my cellphone cover ... Or make it a bumper sticker for my car...... And the other one a nice big poster for my wall
Oh dude where are you getting that printed?

I'd love to have some stickers printed.

ODDLY enough I have an old sticker that has protected the hell out of the back of my tablet :p
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Fluke wrote:
ShaunWolf wrote:Going to print something like this on my cellphone cover ... Or make it a bumper sticker for my car...... And the other one a nice big poster for my wall

ODDLY enough I have an old sticker that has protected the hell out of the back of my tablet :p
Lol im a manager at a printing company ;)
Fluke
Tyrant's Eye

Post by Fluke »

ShaunWolf wrote:
Fluke wrote:

Lol im a manager at a printing company ;)
That helps :D
midnight
Species: canadian wolf
Region: Freestate

Post by midnight »

The farmers are using long range drones with cameras to keep an eye on the crops and livestock. I think the only reason they put the ban on the camera drones is ppl were afraid the neighbors kids would spy on them skinny dipping lmao
Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for someone you aren't
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

A little late to the party... But thats AWESOME! What are you going to use to control them?
You're laser cutting them out of wood? Will that hold? It'll probably not fair too well with a crash? But on the plus side, it'll be pretty cheap?

If you were to sell one? What would the going rate be?