Making my own RPG

This is for all discussions related to IT and technology. Hardware, software, programming, it all goes here.
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Gauteng

Making my own RPG

Post by rusted hydra »

Now I've got tools. I got decent art skill. I have fiddled with the tools before and gotten some results.
Should be able to make something in RPGmaker and add a lil of my own design.

Now comes the hard part: Making a story...
I have an Idea for a story, its one I wrote before and will recycle, refresh and edit till I can use it here
What story? Erzler's Mantinee(I wrote first chapter and wanted to do a long story but I looked at it from a different angle and found it retarded). I'm dumping the main characters and using much of the "science" and "world" for this RPG.

Now I'm not asking you to go read that story (Actually I feel like deleting it off Furaffini or wherever I posted it...) What I need help with is this: side characters.

The game is going to be bout main character(player) going about suckering people for their souls to trade for profit (and put in some main story line leading to a few ends), but I need side characters to pry on and flesh out the game or its just "walk down corridor and popup goes 'continue story by a, b or c"

These side characters are basically going to be normal(as far as normal really goes) humans and they're going to have a little life and a bit of history THEN the main character(player) is going to steal their soul in a deal for what they desire the most. of course its not a game if you cant fail, so maybe some of these have a ridiculous wish or hide it really well, or you have to trade other souls with different... "soul vendors? or something" till you have what you need to get a certain person....

that is bout what I need
Other information you might need: going to take place in a big city next to the sea with a shipping port and going to be round current date for tech lvl.

Anything else just ask.

Your input is much appreciated.

Suddenly though: I will need to put in some 'enemy'. Who/what would be a good enemy to an organization that steals souls... Angels me thinks, and probably internal struggle in the organization.