Ask Ivic!

Come in, relax, play with your friends! You can find something for everybody here. You can even find threads with no particular point at all, other than a good time! You can even start up some role playing.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Ask Ivic!

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Asbjorn-phoenix wrote:Dear Ivic.
If night were day and day were night would dragons become confused?
Or could dragons cause this scenario to happen?
For the first it depends on whether the dragons are nocturnal or not. I'm assuming that if this occurred for long enough that they would adapt but I assume there would be much confusion where many night and day dragons would meet for the first time and probably get to know each other better.

For the second I would assume for the sake of good friendships the dragons, with their mystical powers and such, would occasionally find that this would be in order. :P
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote: Good evening Mr Hyena,

I am pleased to announce that the passage of time is a necessity for our functionality. Finality is what makes us human. Even if I had the option I would most probably have to pass.

Thank you for your inquiry, it was much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ivic Wulfe
lol, your response pleased me :lol:
I must admit - and this is no fault of yours Ivic, what you said was fair - that your answer disappointed me slightly. I don't know why but it always bugs me when people say they don't want to live forever, even though it is a sentiment expressed by many and one I have come to expect. :|

I have to wonder, if in the unlikely event I am given the opportunity to extend my life a few hundred (maybe even a few thousand) years, who will stay with me?
Hahaha! :lol:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ryall wrote: lol, your response pleased me :lol:
I must admit - and this is no fault of yours Ivic, what you said was fair - that your answer disappointed me slightly. I don't know why but it always bugs me when people say they don't want to live forever, even though it is a sentiment expressed by many and one I have come to expect. :|

I have to wonder, if in the unlikely event I am given the opportunity to extend my life a few hundred (maybe even a few thousand) years, who will stay with me?
It is disappointing, but my issue is exactly that, who want's to live forever? Even one person isn't enough. I would have to deal with all the people I get into contact with dying and my only solace is one? I'd become a hermit...and I'd hate that. Even if I had social media...I would probably become depressed. Lose the will to continue...that would be what we see...as disappointing.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ryall wrote:I have to wonder, if in the unlikely event I am given the opportunity to extend my life a few hundred (maybe even a few thousand) years, who will stay with me?
I believe I would, because even though those you love will all die before you, nobody will ever have to mourn you, and mourning is a sorrow I wouldn't want to inflict on anyone. And as for a significant other, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." I would be willing to live several lifetimes in celibacy in honour of my deceased mate's memory for the privilege of being able to learn more than anybody ever could in the human lifespan. That is why I would choose it, not out of selfish survival instinct or fear of death. The only condition to this is that I retain mortality, so that at some point I could die if I wished it so.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Leeward wrote:
Ryall wrote:The only condition to this is that I retain mortality, so that at some point I could die if I wished it so.
Indeed. You wouldn't want to be the only sentient being alive.

The reason I would want to live forever, asides from a fear of death, is that life is an amazing experience filled with ups and downs. I would also be interested in finding out what becomes of the human race, and how far our technology advances.

For me, having one other immortal human would be enough: someone to share it all with. Just one person I would never have to say goodbye to.

I would still meet and befriend new and interesting people - mortals. So long as the human race keeps producing wonderful people to share time with, then life is worth living.

Yes the friends we make may die one day, but that happens whether we are immortal or not. A close friend of mine, whom I had known for 9 years, actually died this year in July. His loss was devastating, and I wish he was still here with us, but I wrote something along these lines in my eulogy to him, "... you had so many virtues: you were witty, kind, patient and loyal, and although goodbyes can be difficult, I am ever so grateful we met. Farewell friend."

That sums up my sentiments on this matter: the sadness we feel when we lose someone is worth all the happy memories we made with them. It hurts but it doesn't mean life isn't worth living, and it doesn't mean we can never find happiness again.

Perhaps I should make a new thread on this where we can discuss this further.
Hahaha! :lol:
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Ivic the wise.

Are aliens from the Tadpole Galaxy in the Drako Constellation (this is a real place) also furry?
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Asbjorn-phoenix wrote:Ivic the wise.

Are aliens from the Tadpole Galaxy in the Drako Constellation (this is a real place) also furry?
Speculation aside as to whether other life exists (odds are good it does) if they were furry and more advanced than we are, I'd assume they'd find our little 'culture' quite intriguing and hopefully give us genetic modification etc. to enable the (slight) majority of furries' wishes. Interplanetary slave trade would then commence... >_>;
Glitch MadDragon
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Glitch MadDragon »

ivic ... make me be good in english
la lala la la.. please excuse my spelling :O
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ashley The Dragon wrote:ivic ... make me be good in english
Read a book? Keep the dictionary nearby and understand contextual use as you go. >_>;
Glitch MadDragon

k
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ashley The Dragon wrote:k
Glitch MadDragon

taking advice seeing as i am writing my finals tomorrow
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

That's a bit last-minute, don't you think? BTW I just found your "k" slightly ironic after you just asked for language advice, didn't mean to make you feel bad. Sorry.
Glitch MadDragon

ay you got my joke :D respect!!
SirenLeo
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

In a land where meat is a long gone dream and the slaughter of a cow is punishable by death, would you buy their insect meat substitutes?

An attractive man approachea you and propositions you, he offers you two sexy choices........... either he will pay for your food for the rest of your natural life but you may never have alcohol again or he buys all of your alcohol for the rest of your natural life but you may only eat foods of his choosing which would you pick
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

SirenLeo wrote:the slaughter of a cow is punishable by death
This seems directed at me somehow, yet I don't know whether to be glad or fearful... :?
SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

Dreamwalker Leeward wrote:
This seems directed at me somehow, yet I don't know whether to be glad or fearful... :?
No of ourse not Leeward!! I would never slaughter you :D you too nice and friendly! If anything we cant kill cows cause they so awesome and epic!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

SirenLeo wrote:
Dreamwalker Leeward wrote:
No of ourse not Leeward!! I would never slaughter you :D you too nice and friendly! If anything we cant kill cows cause they so awesome and epic!
Lol I just just kidding to stay in character. :P
But thanks for the compliment, I kind of needed that right now.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Cows are delicious. I wonder what Leeward tastes like... :twisted:
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Not at all like a cow. Like SirenLeo pointed out, she's far too sweet.
Probably taste more like pig...... long pig. Mmmm.....
[REDACTED]
SnowDragon
Species: Dragon

Post by SnowDragon »

Hills have eyes much xD
Daylight dancer, Moonlit wonder;
Manifest upon the very gates of eden..
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

SnowDragon wrote:Hills have eyes much xD
Hey, I'm allowed to have hobbies too you know. :lol:
[REDACTED]
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

SirenLeo wrote:In a land where meat is a long gone dream and the slaughter of a cow is punishable by death, would you buy their insect meat substitutes?

An attractive man approachea you and propositions you, he offers you two sexy choices........... either he will pay for your food for the rest of your natural life but you may never have alcohol again or he buys all of your alcohol for the rest of your natural life but you may only eat foods of his choosing which would you pick
1. Yes...I don't have a choice...I heard yesterday that termites taste like butter...

2. Both sound very attractive as choices... but I'd have to choose B. Purely on the fact that it is less restrictive.
DanLeo427
Species: Shiba inu/ Fox hybrid. Foge
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by DanLeo427 »

Going into this with the theoretical knowledge that stem cells of deferent species have been able to bond to the normal sells of other species and then build an original structure from species A onto species B, would you if this was a possibility, get a tail? some... negative effects may occur, which we don't know what.. Nothing lethal.
The world is slowly conforming to a new power and mode of communication. Memes. And Doge is king.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Why are you no longer blue?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

DanLeo427 wrote:Going into this with the theoretical knowledge that stem cells of deferent species have been able to bond to the normal sells of other species and then build an original structure from species A onto species B, would you if this was a possibility, get a tail? some... negative effects may occur, which we don't know what.. Nothing lethal.
(Your Afrikaans is showing. :P ) I would certainly consider the possibility, but I'll go into this as I normally do with anything like this: more testing and ensuring that one can minimize the 'negative effects' then I'd defs get me a tail.

Once in a lifetime? - I'd probably have to pass.
Sev wrote:Why are you no longer blue?
>_>; I've been green ever since my fursona properly became a part of me since 2004...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:
>_>; I've been green ever since my fursona properly became a part of me since 2004...
I think he meant your name going from Topic Moderator Blue to Community Representative Purple.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Leeward wrote:
Ivic-Wulfe wrote:
I think he meant your name going from Topic Moderator Blue to Community Representative Purple.
It was an exec decision from the Valerion himself. Thought it would be good to keep a uniform colour for Comm Reps.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Fair enough, it does say pretty clearly around V&S that you are its moderator.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Wise Mr. Wulfe

Why are most students so lazy when it comes to their future?

Why do most of the best guys (looking or personality)always seem so unattainable?
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.