My attempt

Got a fursuit to show off? Want advice on how to make one or where to get one? Feel the need to share pictures of your new wolf T-shirt? What about cute plushie or pair of fluffy ears? This is the place.

Moderator: YoteFox

Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: My attempt

Post by Sev »

I think that the resin nose looks a fair bit better.
Eylof
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Wolf
Location: Monte Vista , plattekloof glen , in your nightmares... joke ^^

Post by Eylof »

Coyote Animosus wrote:Next update might take a while, University started and I am going to be somewhat busy, but and there is always a but I will try and make time for the suit, my plan is to have it finished by October. I will try to make an update this week on it. I am so glad you all like my work so far.
I also want everyone's opinion should I go with a plush nose or latex?
Yote I might be able to help you with the resin, you have seen my models on whatsapp allot of parts I used is resin, so if you want resin I can see if I can get one made for you....
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Resin it is
Thanx Ryall, Tyger Nighteye actually shaved today
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Alright Yote you have seen this one, I'm currently drying it out to start putting in detail , then I'll see if the guy is willing to make a resin replica of it.

If we are lucky I might have it ready and deliverd to you in 2-3weeks time....

Only time wil tell... Lol :D
Attachments
Nose molded out of modeling putty
Nose molded out of modeling putty
~The problem is not the problem... the problem is your attitude towards the problem~ Cpt. Jack Sparrow
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Thanx ShaunWolf I can't express my appreciation enough for your help.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So I have been quiet for a while, I have made some progress on the suit but not much as varsity keeps me quite busy, I will update when I am finally home around 6 ish tonight. I will be attempting to make the paw gloves this weekend as well as start furring the head although I am kinda scared of messing it up I really want to finish this for rage and the time is ticking to get this puppy done(pun intended).
I will be hopefully finished with the partial before rage but the full body suit I am planning to get done by december. I am planning a vacation to Cape Town around december- January and I want to visit some CT furs with it
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Here's an update of small changes I made, hope there is still anyone following this thread. I am trying my best to finish this suit but I am seriously busy
Attachments
So far its looking nice
So far its looking nice
The clay molds to make the latex paw pads with along with the claws
The clay molds to make the latex paw pads with along with the claws
The eyebrows
The eyebrows
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Looking great! Sorry if I'm repeating a question but what sort of material did you carve the head out of?
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Leeward wrote:Looking great! Sorry if I'm repeating a question but what sort of material did you carve the head out of?
No problem I welcome all questions and will try my best to answer.
I went to a place that sells foam for mattresses and bought a queen size piece of foam about an inch thick paid around R200, cut it into long strokes and glued it to the head and started carving with a scissor. The skeletal structure of the head exists of gutter mesh used to keep leaves out of gutters and can be found at builders warehouse for around R56 per meter I feel that this makes the head more rigid, although its heavy it won't lose the shape, as for the jaw I used a piece of wire that is bendable but doesn't easily lose shape and bent it into the shape of the jaw and glued a piece of foam on it and went crazy with the scissor.

I can make a more detailed post on how to do it if you would like? Like perhaps the exact steps I follow and all the material needed. I myself follow online tutorials but find that as I am working I am doing things in my own way. I can even help anyone with anything that they are struggeling. Just ask I won't bite, I'm a friendly fox and eager to help anyone out.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Thanks that was quite helpful, but I'm pretty good at improvising (I made these with hardly any external guidelines, they look nothing like those photos now) so I think I can manage. :P I doubt the process would be exactly the same for all species anyway, I mean a cow's head has a somewhat different shape to that of a fox.

What type of glue did you use though?
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I use a glue gun for everything, the glue is strong and lasts long.
The shape is what you want to make it, its about the process and the small technical aspects that goes into creating it, the original shape for this was for a african wild dog and I manipulated it myself to look like a fox. I am pretty sure you can get the cow head from this same technique :D depending on how you manipulate it to your species.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Your nose is nearly finished Yote ;)
Attachments
WP_20140923_008.jpg
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

100% complete Yote will soon be ready to smell just have to post it now
Attachments
WP_20140924_005.jpg
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Thanks a million Eylof!
I appreciate your help so much
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Packed and ready to get shipped tomorrow
Attachments
WP_20140926_012.jpg
WP_20140926_011.jpg
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I like the Beetle dog tag. Did Yote ask for that, or was it a bonus?
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

MontgomerySeven wrote:I like the Beetle dog tag. Did Yote ask for that, or was it a bonus?
Lol keyring, just a bonus he loves beetles and so do i and we both own one
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ryall »

Awww, all the bromance. ^^
Hahaha! :lol:
Eylof

Post by Eylof »

Lol shiped it this morning
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

So it's been a loooong time since I updated this thread, only reason I haven't updated is because I am scared to continue with the rest of the suit, I personally think I have done an adequate job so far and I am really afraid of messing it up
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

When I started on my head I kept thinking to myself "This looks like shit, I should give up." I kept on burning myself on the glue, putting things on wrong and having to tear them off, and scattering bits of foam quite literally everywhere shaping the thing (even in my hair). Then it started to take shape and slowly but surely it started looking like an actual animal head. It still needs a bit of work but I think I'm on the right track. Don't be afraid to start the next step, you can always take the good parts and turn them into a partial later.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

I'm actually at the point of commissioning a head from USA and making the rest myself, but yeah I must continue how else does one learn
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

But the head seemed to be going relatively well. And the shipping costs for a head are likely to kill you.
WhatTheFurry
Species: wolf dragon bear

Post by WhatTheFurry »

ooh cant wait to c the finshed produckt would like to meet up sum time and just goof off in ssuit
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Date and time of when I am going to continue working on the head 15 November 2014 after my exams, expect a completed fullsuit with digi legs in december
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Dredge
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Rabbit

Post by Dredge »

Nice! More progress, more suits in the end and you'll be the one and only lumo-green fox(COYOTE! >:3 ) in the country, for a while no doubt ;)

On a side note, do you think your lady-friend would be the type to wear a suit (designed after that awesome vixen, Aralyn) too? Would be pretty cool seeing a green foxeh couple :P
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Dredge wrote:Nice! More progress, more suits in the end and you'll be the one and only lumo-green fox(COYOTE! >:3 ) in the country, for a while no doubt ;)

On a side note, do you think your lady-friend would be the type to wear a suit (designed after that awesome vixen, Aralyn) too? Would be pretty cool seeing a green foxeh couple :P
Hahaha Dredgy I've been barking up that tree for a while now and she doesn't seem to budge but I'm going to give her time maybe she'll come around.

I am going to make a second suit of a female version of Yote just for the fuck of it
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Coyote Animosus wrote:I am going to make a second suit of a female version of Yote just for the fuck of it
Sounds like you're planning on making a mursuit. ;)
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

What about making her just a pair of ears and see how that works out? Then you can gradually add a tail, paws, a head, and a body. Change blindness is your friend. :twisted:
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Banno wrote:
Coyote Animosus wrote:I am going to make a second suit of a female version of Yote just for the fuck of it
Sounds like you're planning on making a mursuit. ;)
pffft who would make such a thing XD
Dreamwalker Leeward wrote:What about making her just a pair of ears and see how that works out? Then you can gradually add a tail, paws, a head, and a body. Change blindness is your friend. :twisted:
A wise woman you are, she won't suspect a thing.
Hey she already said she wants to steal my beanie with ears on XD
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote