A Twist on your favorite furry/anthropomorphic characters

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Sticky_Fingers
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: brown bear
Region: Western Cape

A Twist on your favorite furry/anthropomorphic characters

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

Hey guys.

As the title suggests, looking for input on what your favorite furry (or scalie) in any kind of media. (movies, comics,art,music? etc). You can reply as many times as you want.

The twist is, you must make some kind connection to the previous reply but not using any character mentioned before(the more obscure it is, the better as most of the easy connections will go first.). You will have to motivate why you like the character, to keep people from picking things at random. (so don't say something vague like: "oh i just like how he looks" )This will keep going until we hit a dead end.

Example 1: The previous post is: Jungle books Robin hood. So I choose Lapfox from Lapfox music because both of them are foxes. As long as your being honest that your choice is one of your favorites.

Example 2: The previous post is: Simba from the lion king. So i choose to link though movies to Pumba. (there is no rule that you can't mention the same movie).

For now this is just a dry run of the concept. We could put more rules on later to try and kill the connections faster.

your suggestions are welcome
Good luck
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
Sticky_Fingers

Re: A Twist on your favorite furry/anthropomorphic character

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

Lucario from pokemon.

Fanfare aside, (and the fact that he is not the ultimate pokemon in the games either), this pokemon is really aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. His design reminds me of an anubis somewhat but more streamlined and functional. He looks battle ready and badass. His abilities are quite awesome too, and the fact that he is an intelligent pokemon (arguably on the level of humans) makes him a great companion for any trainer. His colour scheme and design are quite nice. The blue on black gives him a very serious and sleek look. Overall i think he is wonderful.
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
Dire wolf
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: howler
Region: Gauteng

Post by Dire wolf »

WereGarurumon from digimon

If I understand it right I'm making the connection of both have a human partner

Why I like him first of all his a Wolf enough said I keed
The reason is he changes from a sweet innocent creature into a cute furry then into a feral Wolf. Then into a full blown furry
if I had to put him against lucario I can say my money would be on him. Hope I did this right hahahah
This is your life, good to the last drop
Doesn't get any better than this
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I haven't really watched digimon yet (Watched the first few minutes of the first episode... ), so, after a quick google search of weregarurumon, I've decided... Epic!

Now for my link. I'm going for Daxter from the Jak series. The link being, they both transformed into their anthropomorphic form. Dono if that's a bit vague, but I'm going with it

He's one of my fave furries, because he's awesome. He is just a sidekick, but Jak has owed him his life several times. Not to mention he's always ready to lighten the mood. He may be a bit of a coward at times, but when it's needed, he will do the right thing.
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Okay... Taurus from Fairy Tail, because he has a human partner.

Aside from the fact that he's a bovine, he's a comic relief character because he frequently gets beaten up and can go from zero to full pervert in 0.1 seconds, which is usually the cause of him getting beaten up.
Dire wolf
Species: howler

Post by Dire wolf »

okay the big bad wolf from little red riding hood

as he is from a fairy tail, i really don't have to give any explanation ... do i?
This is your life, good to the last drop
Doesn't get any better than this
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Fairy Tail doesn't really have much to do with fairy tales. It's like, the best actiony anime, in my opinion. Also, you need to say why the big bad wolf is one of your favourite furries...

Anyway, I'm going to go with bugs bunny, seeing as both like cross-dressing

Bugs has come a long way. The thing I really like about him is, he just wants to have fun. He oftem makes life hard for other people, but it's all just a game for him. Better than people who hate every day of their lives...
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Jazz Jackrabbit, because like Bugs Bunny he is a rabbit. He's one of my very favourite video game characters, probably because that was the first real game I played.
Sticky_Fingers

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

(wondering whether we should limit on connections too, it seems really easy to just connect things this way. Your guys thoughts?)

Well, connecting from Jazz Jackrabbit to someone who enjoys Jazz the music genre, i definitely will go with O'Malley from the Aristocats. I love his singing voice (the same guy who did Baloo, another favorite of mine). I also like his general design though admittedly it hasn't aged very well but the colour and movement of the animation gives life to his charismatic and roguish nature. He's pretty much the cat version of 'Han solo".
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

If I may use Han Solo as the link, I'd like to go with Chewbacca, if he counts. I like the fact that he doesn't talk "human", possibly because his vocal structure doesn't allow for languages other than Wookiee, which is a touch of realism to an otherwise absurd story which completely disrespects the laws of physics and common sense (don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, I'm just willing to admit its shortcomings).
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

(The language spoken by Chewie is called Shyriiwook - just putting it out there.)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

(I could have looked that up but didn't bother. Thanks. Interesting though that the language's name can't be pronounced like that in it, is that the human name for it?)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

(Yeah, the Shyriiwook name for it is probably: Grauowl-Rawr-Snort.)
Sticky_Fingers

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

Linking on star wars to other science-fiction characters, I think one of my favorites would be Fox Mccloud. The original bad ass furry, hes got a cool look and a cool backstory. Hes an awesome space pilot and basically is the reason that the whole "space flight" genre really took off. Not to mention he is quite eye pleasing: have a good colour pallet/scheme and instantly recognizable look. It's official cannon that he actually has metal legs but I guess most renditions completely forget about that. Still that's fking hardcore.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I believe I'll follow that up with Ratchet because he is also a space-faring character. I haven't played much of those games but what I have, I have enjoyed.

Also, this might be a bit delayed, but shouldn't this thread be in the games?
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

[Doubtful, it could be any character from movies onward. It just happens to be that the majority of our fav characters come from games. And at present I can't move from a Lombax to any other animal that would be similar hence, you'll see below.]

Moving from Ratchet I'd like to move to Dust from "An Elysian Tail" the only connection I can make here is that they are both vaguely catlike and have sidekicks much smaller than they are but are not outbalanced by their main character counterparts.

Dust is a very capable warrior and throughout the story ensures that justice is done. I connect with him as a character because given the story-line even knowing my past I would have done exactly the same.

Just on point play this game at your own risk. Brought me to gosh-darned tears on several occasions (reminds me of that time I played To the Moon...)
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ivic-Wulfe wrote:[Doubtful, it could be any character from movies onward. It just happens to be that the majority of our fav characters come from games. And at present I can't move from a Lombax to any other animal that would be similar hence, you'll see below.]
I meant the Games and Silliness section.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I did consider moving it but if you're actually doing your favourites instead of attempting to link for the sake of linking then it's not unlike other threads in this section.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sticky_Fingers wrote:you must make some kind connection to the previous reply
I don't have that many favourite anthro characters, I was just trying to revive a dead thread.