Hi I am new here ^^,

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Hi I am new here ^^,

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Ryall wrote:Ferals never gave up their hands no, but we're human, and knowing what we can do with our hands makes fantasizing about being a feral seem unappealing. For me, a big part of being furry is creating a fantasy world in which you are your fursona. Just think: you wouldn't be able to write or play games! Sure you could run on all fours, which might be fun to try, but then some anthros can fly. :P
Hands are the only way to do things? Surely you haven't forgotten voice commands? Siri made it mainstream I guess but I played around with it on Windows 7 once and you can essentially control the computer hands free. It messes up when you aren't in a Microsoft programme but it's still voice control. If you wanted to write a story it's certainly possible to dictate it. I think most people can speak faster than they can type so it might even be better.

Or perhaps you missed this story? http://www.popsci.com/world-first-man-c ... s-his-mind A man who lost both arms was fitted with two prosthetic arms and can control both of them with his thoughts. There are plenty of smaller prosthetics controlled by thoughts as well. Those are usually trained on computer simulations. If you wanted to play a game, why waste time thinking of an action and then using a mouse to send the signal to the computer? You could just think the action directly to the computer. Cut out the middle man, improve reaction times and you could instantly click on opposite sides of the screen without needing to physically move the cursor.

Maybe you've forgotten that it's possible to use computers to scan a person's brain and then reconstruct their thoughts in a video? http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2011/09/22/brain-movies/ At a certain point tablets will become unnecessary. You will be able to imagine a picture and the computer will just pull the image straight from your mind. If you can visualise hyper realistic videos you'll be able to just think them into existence. No need for spending time with 3D modelling and all that.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
SirenLeo
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)
Region: Gauteng

Post by SirenLeo »

Such a formal intro! I like it! Well welcome, I'm sure you will find some crazy friends here to keep you entertained.
Azzuenwolf
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by Azzuenwolf »

Ryall wrote:I have to wonder if a thing without hands would describe you well, given that you are a writer and artist? :)
I don't have a fursona :) Though I have a lot of characters and OCs, none of them are me - at the same time they all are me. But not a single one.

I'm pretty sure if I was feral I wouldn't have cared about writing or drawing, I would have been happy embracing my freedom in the wilds.
Alexander wrote:My Lion and I are big fans of ferals. They just look so much better in corrupted form.
I would love to see that.

SirenLeo wrote:Such a formal intro! I like it! Well welcome, I'm sure you will find some crazy friends here to keep you entertained.
Thank you! I am already quite entertained :mrgreen:
Furraffinity
Deviantart
Picarto

When the moon whispers, the crimson will flourish.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Azzuenwolf wrote:I'm pretty sure if I was feral I wouldn't have cared about writing or drawing, I would have been happy embracing my freedom in the wilds.
You don't have to be a feral to do that, you know. Technically, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from going all Wild Man and living free in the woods right now, this very moment. :P
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Azzuenwolf

Post by Azzuenwolf »

Contrast wrote:
Azzuenwolf wrote:I'm pretty sure if I was feral I wouldn't have cared about writing or drawing, I would have been happy embracing my freedom in the wilds.
You don't have to be a feral to do that, you know. Technically, there's absolutely nothing stopping you from going all Wild Man and living free in the woods right now, this very moment. :P
Well I like being clean, if I was a wolf I wouldn't care much I guess. Could clean myself with my... Flexibility :P Amirite??
Furraffinity
Deviantart
Picarto

Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Hey, belated welcome. I blame it on the alzheimers and arthritis. It's a bit difficult to move around when you remember to at my age.
This madhouse can be plenty of fun once you get to know it.
Enjoy yourself and make some friends.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:...<Voice commands, prosthetics, and mind reading>
I've seen all those things Rakuen, but none of them in their current states will let you draw, play games, or play a musical instrument the way an able-bodied human can, and it's probably going to stay that way for a very long time.

Voice commands are temperamental at best, even without South African accents; most furs can't afford drawing tablets, let alone prosthetics, and prosthetics will only allow one to do simply tasks; and it seems to me like all those neat things we could do with mind reading tech are decades away from becoming a reality.

But hey, you can always just imagine your fursona exists in the future, or in a world of magic. It's all just fantasy so there's no rules really. I just think hands are super neat. :P
Hahaha! :lol:
IT-Werewolf
Species: werewolf. Anti-furry furry.

Post by IT-Werewolf »

WOOF

http://donotspeaktomeorelse.deviantart.com
http://www.facebook.com/it.werewolf
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/it-werewolf/

My name is Lance and I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I suffer from mild Asperger's Syndrome.
Azzuenwolf

Post by Azzuenwolf »

Animew wrote:^_^ yayz! i will humbly accept your kind offer good sir. O_o i just have no idea about the reference since i don’t generally draw lots of ferals. could i perhaps test your metal by giving you an anthro feline to turn in to a feral canine? you know, just because that would be really weird and interesting.
the character would be my mascot Guakomo AKA: animew
http://randomdoos.deviantart.com/art/mo-do-498711033
^_^ but that’s just if you feel like it.
Here you go, as promised:

http://forum.zafur.co.za/viewtopic.php? ... 677#p56677

(at the bottom probably)
Furraffinity
Deviantart
Picarto

Honin
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Some sort of noodle

Post by Honin »

Meep! I is be sooooooooooo late but welcome!
*wigles claws int the air* am I doing the hand shaking thing right?
IT-Werewolf
Species: werewolf. Anti-furry furry.

Post by IT-Werewolf »

Honin wrote: *wigles claws int the air* am I doing the hand shaking thing right?
... Not even close...

http://donotspeaktomeorelse.deviantart.com
http://www.facebook.com/it.werewolf
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/it-werewolf/

My name is Lance and I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I suffer from mild Asperger's Syndrome.
Azzuenwolf

Post by Azzuenwolf »

Honin wrote:Meep! I is be sooooooooooo late but welcome!
*wigles claws int the air* am I doing the hand shaking thing right?
Haha it's okay, thank you ^^,
Furraffinity
Deviantart
Picarto

SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

Well you will certainly never be bored in our little community.
FurnixWolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: a Thibrid Wolf, Dragon, Husky
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by FurnixWolf »

Heyaaaa :3.. Welcome new Fur.. Hope you do make lots of friends here and that you enjoy every moment..
Offers a hug and cookies.. Giggles..

MY WEBSITE LINK : FURNIXWOLF
MY FACEBOOK LINK : FURRBOOK
MY FUR AFFINITY LINK : FUR AFFINITY
I do have telegram
Twitter : @FURNIXWOLF
ORIGIN : FURNIXWOLF
STEAM : FURNIXWOLF[/color]