PNG's

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

PNG's

Post by Contrast »

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem, or if it's a limitation of the site, but I am unable to upload PNG's (regardless of size). I get the message "File type missmatch. Expected extension .jpg but .png given." (Or something like that.)

Is there any way to fix this? There are some lovely artworks I'd like to share, but converting them to JPG doesn't always work, and finding alternate versions of pics I already have is a bit of a pain.

Thank you. : )
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Re: PNG's

Post by Contrast »

Yeah, I've discovered that I can change it with MS Paint too. It's not such a big problem, but it is a bit of a hassle. I'll test out some of the pics and send you one tomorrow. I must warn you though, it will probably be NSFW (and when I say "probably", I actually mean "definitely"). :P
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

An update on the mismatch issue. It's still happening, but I've noticed that it only tends to happen to PNG's that are smaller than 200kb (I'm not sure of the exact number, but I hope that info helps).
Like I've said before, it's not such a big deal, but is a nuisance, and fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Nope, your not the only one.
I've gotten that message so many time, I just stopped uploading png images altogether.
I haven't had much problem since the file size limitation was lifted past 1mb thou.
Probably like you say thou, the issue probably only happens with smaller images.
[REDACTED]